Oil & Fuel I put car gas in my Kubota diesel!

/ I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #21  
How it happened was that we had I can of old regular gas that had been put in a yellow diesel can, and then forgot what was in there. I think there might have even been some 40:1 mixed gas in there.

Not to rub it in, but this is why they make the fuel cans different colors, so... no more gas in the yellow can, mkay?

Once upon a time, a bonfire was starting to spread a bit, and a friend of mine went to pour water on the grass where it was spreading. He grabbed one of the blue containers that was nearby, because blue = water, right?

645323.jpg

/ I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #23  
It's a fairly easy mistake to make. That's why there are YELLOW gas cans for Diesel and RED gas cans for gasoline. Works for me. Best wishes to the OP.

I still can't see it being an easy mistake. Besides the color of the cans, diesel looks and smells different also...

/ I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #24  
I still can't see it being an easy mistake. Besides the color of the cans, diesel looks and smells different also...

Things happen. I once put rum in my coffee thinking it was sugar. Go figure.:confused3:

/ I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #25  
Although diesel engines are built to withstand high compression, one issue is that the gasoline will ignite at the wrong time, (combustion before or after TDC) which can cause shock to the engine. If you only ran it for 5 minutes at say 3,500 RPM, that would amount to 17,500 events, which is a really tiny fraction of the revolutions the motor makes in a lifetime...just saying. Anyway, as others have already stated, drain the tank, change filters, fill with diesel and go from there. My guess is it won't happen again.

/ I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #26  
Things happen. I once put rum in my coffee thinking it was sugar. Go figure.:confused3:

I once had a small can of stain and a box of candy sitting on a counter I was staining. I'd stain a while and then pick up the box and pour a few candies into my mouth. Everything went fine until I picked up the stain and poured it into my mouth. Things really do happen.

/ I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #27  
I once had a small can of stain and a box of candy sitting on a counter I was staining. I'd stain a while and then pick up the box and pour a few candies into my mouth. Everything went fine until I picked up the stain and poured it into my mouth. Things really do happen.

An uncle of mine was a fiddle player, of local note (pun intended).

I remember him describing rushing to head out to play a dance, after barn chores. Back then, shaving cream also came in toothpaste tube containers...... I suspect he only made that mistake once.

He did end up with really clean teeth though !

Rgds, D.

/ I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #28  
In respect to the OP, a buddy of mine had the opposite problem with his local low-lifes (low-lives?).

They stole his gas cans, and selected the one (unmarked) yellow diesel can that also contained gas.

You could say that meth-heads have an affinity for chemicals, but that would be a redundant statement.

Rgds, D.

/ I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #29  
stuckmotor said:

Wow, that's worse than hydraulic fluid in my beer, which has been know to happen,

Last edited:
   / I put car gas in my Kubota diesel! #30  
Unfortunately, I filled the whole tank.

Not good at all.

Drain the tank completely. Remove and replace the fuel filter. Thoroughly bleed the primary fuel lines. Loosen the injector lines and crank (do not start) the engine to check for gasoline. If you find gasoline, loosen the injector lines on both lines to drain. Thoroughly bleed the injector lines. Start the engine.

If the pump has been damaged, you will know in short order.

SDT