I really need some help with this Grand L valve Part number...........PLEASE

/ I really need some help with this Grand L valve Part number...........PLEASE #21  
I know the part number, but as I typed it in, some guys in suites (Goverment Types) came in and told me that I "didn't know what I think I know and should keep my mouth shut". They then knocked over the plant on my desk and said it was a "warning". They must be part of the big "conspiricy" by Kubota. Sorry I could not help.
:D :thumbsup: Hey Texas Fella!!! Was it military gray suits or kubota gray??? :laughing: ;)

/ I really need some help with this Grand L valve Part number...........PLEASE
Thank you notforhire

Now let's see if I win

/ I really need some help with this Grand L valve Part number...........PLEASE #23  
I have A Befco grading scraper and if you get one you're not going to care one bit about anything more than raising all the way up and lowering it all the way down. Once in a great while I'll slowly raise it up to allow any gravel caught in front of the blades to be slowly released out so you don't end up with a small mound but you can just as easily back up with the scraper down and it will do the same thing.

If your drive gets hard packed I would suggest getting one with ripping shanks.

So i went to the dealer today with Notforhires part number and the dealer ordered it. That valve is 125 less than the standard valve and kubota wont warranty it!

the dealer is going to either get kubota to pay for it or eat the cost themselves. Either way i should have a smooth properly working hitch by the weekend

Thanks NOTFORHIRE (if it works)

/ I really need some help with this Grand L valve Part number...........PLEASE #25  
So i went to the dealer today with Notforhires part number and the dealer ordered it. That valve is 125 less than the standard valve and kubota wont warranty it!

the dealer is going to either get kubota to pay for it or eat the cost themselves. Either way i should have a smooth properly working hitch by the weekend

Thanks NOTFORHIRE (if it works)

I am just now reading an interesting thread;
Re: Trading my L2800 gear for L3800 HST... opinions on dealer offer?
Post #41
We've sold over 110 out of this series and I've never once heard it from a customer. There was a s/n break on the old STD L's (28/3400) where the valve changed to the GL-10 series valve. As far as anything I've seen or heard this was considered a done deal back when that happened.

It was mentioned in a later post that Kubota had changed the valve since that time.

According to my dealer who gave me that valve number, that valve you just ordered is from a 10 series.

Does this mean that they fixed it then unfixed it? I guess we will know soon.

Good luck, Bill

ok now im confused.

Is this a good thing for me or bad since i just ordered the gl-10 valve. If its messed up and cant get it to work its gonna be on me this time, so im keeping my fingers crossed and ill be the test dummy on this

/ I really need some help with this Grand L valve Part number...........PLEASE #27  
ok now im confused.

Is this a good thing for me or bad since i just ordered the gl-10 valve. If its messed up and cant get it to work its gonna be on me this time, so im keeping my fingers crossed and ill be the test dummy on this

Well post #41 in that thread was written by Messick's. The way I understand it, Kubota, in order to solve the jerky, went to a Gl 10 series valve. As far as Messick's knows this solved the problem.

I guess THAT makes sense. To repair the L3800 at my dealership, they did the same. Install a 10 series valve, which according to our TBN member, worked.

Now according to LD1 in post #43 "That valve change was around SN 61000, and only ran until ~ 68000, and then they changed again, and then yet again."

If the 10 series worked, and according to Mesick's and the TBN member, it did, WHY DID THEY STOP USING THAT VALVE?

If I am misunderstanding these posts I apologize, but that's the way I read it.

Hopefully this all works out for you. Test dummy was always a tough job.

Bill

So is the valve that NOTFORHIRE shares with us a 1/4 inching valve or a full postion valve

all these posts keep talking about 1/4 inch increaments. I thought only the bx series has the 1/4ing valves

/ I really need some help with this Grand L valve Part number...........PLEASE #30  
So is the valve that NOTFORHIRE shares with us a 1/4 inching valve or a full postion valve

all these posts keep talking about 1/4 inch increaments. I thought only the bx series has the 1/4ing valves

This is a full position control valve using a feedback system to maintain the set position. It's the valve I'd try if I was going to do this.

Well post #41 in that thread was written by Messick's. The way I understand it, Kubota, in order to solve the jerky, went to a Gl 10 series valve. As far as Messick's knows this solved the problem.

I guess THAT makes sense. To repair the L3800 at my dealership, they did the same. Install a 10 series valve, which according to our TBN member, worked.

Now according to LD1 in post #43 "That valve change was around SN 61000, and only ran until ~ 68000, and then they changed again, and then yet again."

If the 10 series worked, and according to Mesick's and the TBN member, it did, WHY DID THEY STOP USING THAT VALVE?

If I am misunderstanding these posts I apologize, but that's the way I read it.

Hopefully this all works out for you. Test dummy was always a tough job.

Bill

You echoed my thoughts perfectly. I want to know if there are any side-effects to using this valve in the L series, although I doubt there are. Why did Kubota stop using this valve if it works so well?

Mine doesn't have this valve, according to the parts breakdown, it has a version of the later YR series of valves.

To my mind, there's working, and then there's working perfectly. If I knew I'd have perfect results from doing this, my valve would be ordered already. It's getting to be that I don't believe what anybody else says, I have to see it for myself. Must be from Iowa or something way back in the family tree.

I do know for sure that with my stock valve set to the specs in the service manual, the hitch is worse than being jerky.

Sean