I Sprung a LEAK

/ I Sprung a LEAK #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
I had the forks on the front of the Toolcat transporting large hay bales - as I have done in the past.

Driving into the shed, someone is screaming at me to check out what I am leaking all over the floor.

I noticed that I have a large hydraulic leak from under the ToolCat and centered between the front wheels. I am leaking about a quart per minute - too expensive and messy to operate for any period of time right now.

I need to jack up the Toolcat to see exactly what is going on. I do know I had too much oil in the reservoir for a period of time. I also know there was quite a pressure release noise when I unscrewed the oil cap.

I am hoping a hydraulic fitting loosened up and needs to be retightened - or possibly a hose was rubbing on something for too long.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to what happened? Has this happened to anyone else?

TIA

Yooper Dave

/ I Sprung a LEAK #2  
There were some issues with activating hydraulic lines with nothing attached. It appeared that putting pressure on a line with no flow caused leaks on some machines.

jmf

Last edited:
   / I Sprung a LEAK #3  
Yooper Dave,

Have you discovered the source of the leak? Hopefully it is a hose problem and not a cylinder problem. I've not had any leaks on mine so I can't help there but I am interested in what you find in case it is something I need to keep an eye on.

dsb

/ I Sprung a LEAK
I am hoping to find some time and some help to investigate where the leak is coming from.

I really count on that machine. I am usually impressed at what it does. Now I am depressed at what it did.

Oh Well

Yooper Dave

/ I Sprung a LEAK #5  
I experienced a siimilar leak when one of the units had less than 50 hours on it. I believe I posted about it. One of the lines running to, and controling the main arm was rubbing against a skid plate and caused the leak. It was located under the floor directly below the gas pedal. The tech took a piece of wiring loom and glued it to the skid plate to prevent it from rubbing. I did the same thing to the second unit just in case.

/ I Sprung a LEAK
I called the local Bobcat dealer and had him take it away.

I am getting the oil leak fixed, a new windshield, new filters and oil for everything, and lubed everywhere.

It should be good to go within a week.

Yooper Dave

/ I Sprung a LEAK #7  
Yooperdave
What happened to the windshield?

/ I Sprung a LEAK
I was building one of those steel arched garages. The toolcat was great for lifting and holding the arch in place. As time and erected arches progressed, I deceided not to tie off the top of the next arch to save some time. The arch slid and fell on my windshield breaking it into millions of tiny pieces.

It has been this way for 8 to 10 months. As long as I had to get the toolcat fixed, I deceided to get everything fixed. It was nice being able to hear more of the outside world without the windshield. It did get cold in the winter though. My girl friend was not happy about being subjected to the elements.

Yooper Dave

/ I Sprung a LEAK #9  
Sorry to hear about the window. I bet that was a big shock to see the arch bust that window. Now you know why it is called safety glass.