i Started my motor backwards

/ i Started my motor backwards #11  
671 Detroits were notorious for running backwards. The 'how to do it' is easy. Just snuff/stall the motor and catch it just before it quits completely.

/ i Started my motor backwards #12  
I didn't know an engine would run backwards till my son bought a skidoo snowmobile and they actually switch the engine rotation on purpose to back the sleds up. Heck that was surprising to me!

/ i Started my motor backwards #13  
Two experiences, one personal. Pulling in 3rd instead of 2nd with the JD 720 for the very first trip ever down the track as a new puller. Took a bath in oil from the air cleaner I front of the crowd.
2nd was somebody from college tuning up his two stroke dirt bike for a weekend snort around the track. Started the bike, she sounded good, goosed the throttle and engaged the clutch in 1st gear. Broke the siding off the shed wall where the rear wheel hit between the wall studs.

/ i Started my motor backwards #14  
I didn't know an engine would run backwards till my son bought a skidoo snowmobile and they actually switch the engine rotation on purpose to back the sleds up. Heck that was surprising to me!
My Polaris snowmobile with PERC (Polaris Electronic Reverse Control) works the same way.
Reverses the engine rotation to back up.