I&T Service Manuals

/ I&T Service Manuals #1  

achallie

Anyone had any experience with the I&T service manuals? Are they worth spending the money on?

/ I&T Service Manuals #2  
ford/new holland errr new holland website, has an online parts diagram. with part numbers you can pull off of there website. is pretty nice if you know your stuff already.

shop manual was worth it for me. for 555c TLB. complete specs, how to uninstall, test, and re-install things. diagrams, etc.... helped me trace down a few wires, and find torque specs for various nuts/bolts.

/ I&T Service Manuals #3  
Anyone had any experience with the I&T service manuals? Are they worth spending the money on?

If you are mechanically inclined and know the basic and have tools then I say it is good for more than 80% of the stuff coupled with great NH website parts breakdown and diagram. I think I bought mine around $20 at TSC and the value I got from it far exceeds The $20 investment. The factory workshop manual will be quite a bit better, specially if you get them on cd/ pdf and searchable.

JC,

/ I&T Service Manuals #4  

Yes to both questions. The descriptions are terse, but very helpful. For the price, they can't be beat.

/ I&T Service Manuals #5  
ditto what JC said.

the it is a cheaper manual.. good for a person with some experience. takes you thru most maintenance and medium repairs.. some large.

cheaper than the oe manual.. though as said.. not as thourough.

/ I&T Service Manuals #6  
Anyone had any experience with the I&T service manuals?
Are they worth spending the money on?

I picked up an I&T for my first JD955 engine project, for under $20 at Overstock.com.

It was very useful for rebuilding the engine (which was apart when I got the tractor),
but left out a lot of chassis and body related stuff. When I later scored an OEM
service manual, I noticed that it did not cover the engine! JD required yet another
manual for that. Thankfully my later JD Technical Manuals are more complete.

/ I&T Service Manuals #7  
Yes to both questions. The descriptions are terse, but very helpful. For the price, they can't be beat.

Yep it is "terse" all right:D. You got to connect a lot of dots and fill the blanks, but it sure is better than nothing.

JC,

/ I&T Service Manuals
Thanks guys. I suspected as much but without actually being able to lay my hands on one to get a look at what all it contained, it was a shot in the dark.