I think there was a ghost in the garage last night.

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #21  
Sooner or later someone is going to bring "pallets in fields" into this thread. It migt as well be me.

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #22  
Is it possible that someone has a key or way to get and out of the garage? Any keys unaccounted for? Garage door openers?

Would the generator be desirable to steal? I'd suspect someone got in, tried to take the generator, and then gave up and scrammed.

I've heard a lot of ghost stories. None of them involve heavy equipment being moved by itself. Usually lighter stuff, noises, lights, or maybe a pipe organ playing by itself. You know, the standard ghost activity.

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #23  
May be related to the ghosts who move tools and parts when you aren't looking.

Bruce

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #24  
Is there anything else moved or missing? I wouldn't think if it was an intruder they left empty handed. Especially if they had a plan that elaborate.

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #25  
This is easy to explain since it was a generator. A magnetic field had built up around the stator in the generator with a positive charge and a negative charge had built up on the frame. Check the weather for that night and see if a sudden drop in atmospheric pressure occured and caused the 2 opposing forces to buck each other and bucking so hard as to move the generator. I'm sure that's it. Good thing you didn't have a ghost. :rolleyes:

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #26  
May be related to the ghosts who move tools and parts when you aren't looking.

Bruce

I Knew It! I literally spend hours looking for tools and parts...

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #27  
Is it possible that someone has a key or way to get and out of the garage? Any keys unaccounted for? Garage door openers?
^^^ This ^^^

Having said that, my mother passed away here at home, in her own bed, around 20 years ago from lung cancer.

After it happened for a period hours (24 - 48), her cat acted very strangely around her bedroom.

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #28  
Sooner or later someone is going to bring "pallets in fields" into this thread. It migt as well be me.

Had the generator ever been on a pallet? Maybe in shipment? The pallet gods may have needed a backup source of power and came to get the generator but got interrupted somehow.

Or, what crossed my mind is that my dogs consider the garage door opening sound as normal and don't bark at it. They just expect my wife to come though the man door after they hear the garage door. ALSO, my garage door inexplicably needed to be reset a few months back before it would work again. I wondered if there was an attempt to scan and open it. I can't believe that the technology to do this isn't pretty available in the criminal world.

I had a couple of the county's finest break into my barn a few years back and get into my tools (came in through fields on foot) For some reason they zeroed in on my heavy tools. They dropped them by the door and figured they would come back the next night in a vehicle. The next night they were arrested by the Sheriff, but my point is did your perps give up trying to move your generator with the intent to come back? Or just give up since being a crook might include breaking a sweat?

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #29  
something from nothing.

Though I have experience that there is a creator, the movement of a generator is not worth the effort or attention to even consider.

Have you had someone you loved die recently?

Get a grip, Moving a generator doesn't even show on the radar!

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night.

Would the generator be desirable to steal? I'd suspect someone got in, tried to take the generator, and then gave up and scrammed.

I've heard a lot of ghost stories. None of them involve heavy equipment being moved by itself. Usually lighter stuff, noises, lights, or maybe a pipe organ playing by itself. You know, the standard ghost activity.

As noted where we live, distance from road, field of view, deadbolt locks, etc. none of this is remotely possible. It is flat forever out here. The garage door was not open or opened and sleeping dogs lie against the adjoining kitchen door. They wait for the opportunity of a sound so they can go bonkers. A tractor down the road 500 ft away bothers them, the garage door 100% bothers them, me trying to quietly sneak in the passage door of the garage bothers them. So, nothing here but they did not bark at that sound.

No one is trying to set up generator to steal because they cannot access it and it weighs almost 300 lbs. It was not rolled to be moved but lifted and moved two inches on a freshly cleaned and mopped floor. Wife is OCD. Read again where we live. No one has keys and if one was missing I would change the locks. No one could possibly be around and if they were I was mowing the lawn for an hour before I went inside. It was still daylight. We are extra cautious.

The MIL did pass away at the house a short while ago is the only other thing. Also of note is that we don't believe in ghosts and never have.

(And it could not been electromagnetic waves from the twisted power cords because I was wearing my sanctioned TBN aluminum foil wrapped giant gourd helmet with extra long antennas. That's foolproof.)

Now what?