Loader I want a bigger bucket

/ I want a bigger bucket #11  
If you intend on ONLY doing loader work, would a skid steer work for you? The bucket is usually very large for the size of the machine. They are MUCH faster than a tractor doing loader work.
However they do have down sides. Vision, ride, attachments are expensive, to name a few.
Again if loader work in small spaces is what you need, that's what they were built to do.

Bill

/ I want a bigger bucket
James, the material I move doesn't fall into the category you speak of. I deal with dirt and sand, crushed limestone, recycle, (crushed concrete and asphalt mix, one inch or less) and gravel (also one inch or less). It is a simple matter to get a bucket full. Idle into the pile, curl and it's full but I see your point on the larger stuff.
Bill, I plow, till, dig, scrape, mow, shred, spray...all the sort of stuff that you would do with a tractor and obviously way more than just loader work. A skid steer wouldn't fill the bill for me but I have looked at some of the skid steer buckets. And I got to see a couple of the new Kubota tracked skid steers last weekend. COOL!!

I may change my mind and get a new rear blade instead. Mine is junky, floppy loose and wore out. (My blade I mean) I've wanted a new one for a long time and the money I would spend on a new bucket would go a long way toward the purchase of the blade
This one in 7 foot all hydraulic...
http://www.landpride.com/products/123/rbt35-series-rear-blades

/ I want a bigger bucket #13  
Bigger? You mean like this? :thumbsup: It's home-made and was on the tractor when I bought it; I only added the grapple. It can get real heavy when fully loaded, but I love the huge capacity. I've never wished it was any smaller, as you can always dump a little material out if it's too heavy, and it has allowed me to grab and move some pretty large items that might be iffy with a smaller bucket.

Joe

Attachments

• 102_3603.jpg
    102_3603.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 0512121301.jpg
    0512121301.jpg
    607.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 0512121353.jpg
    0512121353.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 0518121539a.jpg
    0518121539a.jpg
    995.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 252083_1948189346054_1282194262_31881586_4234086_n.jpg
    252083_1948189346054_1282194262_31881586_4234086_n.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 169
   / I want a bigger bucket #14  
A skid steer wouldn't fill the bill for me but I have looked at some of the skid steer buckets.

If you decide you want a SS bucket, try one first if you can. Most of them are lo profile, and are rather deep, (front to back). They work great on a Bobcat which has lots of breakout. Not so good on Ag. loaders.
Because of the type of material your moving you may be OK. The best thing would be to try one first.

Best, Bill

/ I want a bigger bucket
Joe, now you're gonna make me want a grapple. Does it EVER end?
Oh, and it looks like you might need to prop up your over head fuel tank a bit. :laughing:

Bill,
Good point on the breakout. I never thought about that. That's a lot of leverage with that long bucket. I did some more checking this weekend and I decided to keep what I have and get a new blade instead. I'll get a lot more use out of it.

/ I want a bigger bucket #16  
Joe, now you're gonna make me want a grapple. Does it EVER end?
Oh, and it looks like you might need to prop up your over head fuel tank a bit. :laughing:

Hah hah...:laughing: Actually, that's a water tank. We had a dry spell and we really needed to water the garden. There's no way I was willing to purchase and fight with 500' of garden hose and I didn't have a spare pump, so I filled a tank I was saving for a sprayer project, attached 50ft of soaker hose, lifted it high as I can and let gravity to it's thing. Irrigation on the cheap! :thumbsup:

And, no, It never ends. ;)

Joe