I want to tie the rear brake pedals together on a Ford 660 & need ideas

/ I want to tie the rear brake pedals together on a Ford 660 & need ideas #11  
You might be able to even use worm screw hose clamps to hold them together, been a while since I was on one of those tractors. I do agree with be sure both set of brakes are adjusted the same.

But how often do you use a single brake? You may find you really are better off with both being used all the time. I have two larger tractors and one compact and seldom are my brakes not locked and about the only time they are not is when working in a field. kt

/ I want to tie the rear brake pedals together on a Ford 660 & need ideas #12  
I'm just the opposite. Only my pedals are locked is when I'm trailering and want them both locked. If you look at my pedals the paint is worn off the center from putting my foot on both pedals at once. Then as Rick said, employ ankle action to finalize the effect. :)

/ I want to tie the rear brake pedals together on a Ford 660 & need ideas #13  
I'm just the opposite. Only my pedals are locked is when I'm trailering and want them both locked. If you look at my pedals the paint is worn off the center from putting my foot on both pedals at once. Then as Rick said, employ ankle action to finalize the effect. :)

You are making a great point, we none do all the same way anyone else does. We develop our likes and preferences and what works best for us. One reason advice is great but not always right of the person getting the advice. One reason I do some work in field with locked brakes it prevent turning back into any pulled implement or trailer.

/ I want to tie the rear brake pedals together on a Ford 660 & need ideas #14  
Are you'all telling me that Ford tractors have brakes?:)

/ I want to tie the rear brake pedals together on a Ford 660 & need ideas #15  

My 3910 has wet brakes and they work great. On the old Fords I grew up on it was debateable..... :)

/ I want to tie the rear brake pedals together on a Ford 660 & need ideas #16  
My 3910 has wet brakes and they work great. On the old Fords I grew up on it was debateable..... :)

...and a lot of drivers lost the debate they had with their brakes. :rolleyes:

/ I want to tie the rear brake pedals together on a Ford 660 & need ideas #17  
They all came with brake pedals. I think the drums and shoes were optional.

/ I want to tie the rear brake pedals together on a Ford 660 & need ideas #18  
They all came with brake pedals. I think the drums and shoes were optional.

I guess the original owner couldn't afford all the options. :)

/ I want to tie the rear brake pedals together on a Ford 660 & need ideas #19  
Good one!!!

/ I want to tie the rear brake pedals together on a Ford 660 & need ideas #20  
go buy a piece or ratiator stick hose.. the tough stuff. uncenter pedals, jamb it on as far as you can by soaping it up with dish soap on one side.. like really push it on till it is going down the rod, tip the open end up, and guide it ont he other pdeal as you center them.. then move the hose till it is on both pedals. you want the full pedal covered both sides.. so buy a piece long enough.. I can't remember size.. but seemed like 1.5" was a tight fit and made you cuss some putting it on.. but then you wash the soap out and it's on both pedals... yet it flexes.. so you can stomp more to one side if you need to.. this is what RickB is referring to.. IE.. needing more brakes on one side than the other sometimes.