Chains I wonder how one chain would work?

/ I wonder how one chain would work? #21  
Well I am kinda in the same boat!
Friend just gave me 1/2 a set of chains, HD 'basket weave' style using 3/8" studded cross.
Size is about what would fit a B21 rear.
So I now have some repair parts.

/ I wonder how one chain would work? #22  
Does the tire in that picture have a bar code molded right into the tread??

So far I've been too cheap, and lazy, to get chains...I'd likely leave them on well into the summer if I had them...or maybe it isn't such a big hassle to mount/dismount them as I imagine.

Bob
They're not as bad as you might think, mine take less than 1/2 hour to install.

Sean

/ I wonder how one chain would work? #23  
I lay my out directly behind the tractor the way you want them on the tire take a piece of rope and run it through the rim and pull the tractor forward so it climbs up on the tire get off straighten so it is laying equally on each side of tire.i then get back on and pull ahead a few feet and repeat process after a few more adjustment the chain is on,hook it up at the connectors and then use bungee cords to take up the slack.there is no heavy lifting.

/ I wonder how one chain would work? #24  
I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new tire chains for the Kioti. They were supposed to be delivered yesterday, but the tracking still show them to be in Earth City Mo. where they have been for 2 days. In other words, the normal check in and check out tracking seems to be stuck. I get this box, but the delivery guy doesn't look like he is straining too much. I can easily pick the box up and inside I find a box repackaged within the box. Whoops, just one chain. Not good. The distributor is checking on it. But I am thinking one chain is not going to do a whole lot of good on snow and ice:laughing:
Somewhere up east is a lonely little chain pining for its mate!

James, had the package been shipped on a pallet it may have arrived in tact
:D

/ I wonder how one chain would work?
James, had the package been shipped on a pallet it may have arrived in tact
:D

Ha Ha. a good one.. and they had arrived on two pallets I would have stacked them into a ^ formation:laughing:

/ I wonder how one chain would work? #26  
Chain faction?

/ I wonder how one chain would work? #27  
I lay my out directly behind the tractor the way you want them on the tire take a piece of rope and run it through the rim and pull the tractor forward so it climbs up on the tire get off straighten so it is laying equally on each side of tire.i then get back on and pull ahead a few feet and repeat process after a few more adjustment the chain is on,hook it up at the connectors and then use bungee cords to take up the slack.there is no heavy lifting.

My routine is similar, but I jack up one rear wheel at a time and roll them on sitting in my garage. Once they're in place, hook up the ends and lockwire the shackles and you're done.

Sean

/ I wonder how one chain would work? #28  
i do this in my shop and don't have to jack it up.

/ I wonder how one chain would work? #29  
my shop is 24x28 and have then on before going outside.

/ I wonder how one chain would work? #30  
when you take that piece of rope thru the rim and tie it and move forward that walks the chain up no physical lifting required just adjusting side to side.