Ideas for cheap homemade manure spreader?

/ Ideas for cheap homemade manure spreader? #11  
Quote: I'd just rather not have to do it by raking the material out of the trailer by hand as my wife drives around.

How about if YOU drive and she spreads???? A trip to the mall will be a LOT less than $2000 for a spreader. You would be amazed at what I can con my wife into doing if she knows there is a mall trip as payment.

***WARNING*** Set a maximum $$ amount or else you will regret it.

Last edited:
   / Ideas for cheap homemade manure spreader?
LOL...I don't think I could afford both a spreader AND the bribe!

/ Ideas for cheap homemade manure spreader? #13  
I've been known to use a 2 stage snow blower for such a task. Dried, not fresh. It comes off as a powder. You should burn it first though, to kill the weed seeds. Otherwise you replant them.

Use a snow blade to push into a pile, maybe with some tree leaves. It will not "burn" but smolder for a few days. Then the snow blower. Crank it up.

/ Ideas for cheap homemade manure spreader? #14  
zzvyb6 said:
I've been known to use a 2 stage snow blower for such a task. Dried, not fresh. It comes off as a powder. You should burn it first though, to kill the weed seeds. Otherwise you replant them.

Use a snow blade to push into a pile, maybe with some tree leaves. It will not "burn" but smolder for a few days. Then the snow blower. Crank it up.

I hope the wind doesn't get behind where you are blowing to :D

Quite a good idea though

/ Ideas for cheap homemade manure spreader? #15  
Hiya,

Tell ya what, I'll give you my mother in law. Free, no charge.

She's the best manure spreader I've ever seen.....:D

Tom