idle speeds

/ idle speeds #1  

frank360

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2615
what is the slow idle speed and high speed should be for a 22 hp compact diesel?

/ idle speeds #2  
What's yer manual say? Different engines will have different rpm ranges..

Soundguy

/ idle speeds
my manual do'nt say any thing,trying to find out if this could be set up wrong that"s causing raw fuel out exhaust @ 2400 rpms on up to 2800

/ idle speeds #4  
It can idle at whatever you like, but 800 rpm is common for low idle, not that that will have any effect on your problem.

/ idle speeds #5  
From what I have read, 800-900 is pretty standard for idle and 2450-2750 for high rpm. What you are describing is not a high rpm problem but other issues with injectors or rings etc.

/ idle speeds #6  
Have you done a compression test on your tractor yet? Its always a good starting point on any engine.

/ idle speeds
i had the head tested it was a little warped,he shaved a little off but,every thing else was good. talking about high idle no load.my stop bolt looks like its been turn out some.my manual says it should have a wire lock to prevent from moving,but i dont have one but iam reaching 2800 rpm. do you think iam over fueling thats causing raw fuel from 2400 to 2800 i was thinking the linkage is set up wrong.