If any members here have a flexible well poly pipe, you must have this tool.

/ If any members here have a flexible well poly pipe, you must have this tool. #1  

jkk04

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 410 backhoe, MF 30 industrial tractor, IH TD-14 dozer, New Holland TZ24DA
I know this video is not adequate on this site, but the tool is very important for people who have a flexible poly drop pipe and need to replace the pump in an emergency situation.
A Couple weeks ago, suddenly no water from the kitchen and bath faucet.
It could be a nightmare with no watering in the house and all the garden for a while.
First, I thought the well pump failed because the pump is 16 years old.
Fortunately, I found the cause was a broken main water pipe from the well and it was repaired by myself right away
It would be really absurd if the cause of the well pump failed.
Then I had to wait several days for a well guy to replace the pump even calling an emergency.
I don't even want to think about that situation.
I was really concerned about it and ever since I was looking for some tool for pulling the well poly drop pipe that I could pull the pump and replace the pump by myself in an emergency situation,
This video will tell how it solved the problem.
If you have any better thoughts, please share them.
Thanks
Jkk

/ If any members here have a flexible well poly pipe, you must have this tool. #2  
I know this video is not adequate on this site, but the tool is very important for people who have a flexible poly drop pipe and need to replace the pump in an emergency situation.
A Couple weeks ago, suddenly no water from the kitchen and bath faucet.
It could be a nightmare with no watering in the house and all the garden for a while.
First, I thought the well pump failed because the pump is 16 years old.
Fortunately, I found the cause was a broken main water pipe from the well and it was repaired by myself right away
It would be really absurd if the cause of the well pump failed.
Then I had to wait several days for a well guy to replace the pump even calling an emergency.
I don't even want to think about that situation.
I was really concerned about it and ever since I was looking for some tool for pulling the well poly drop pipe that I could pull the pump and replace the pump by myself in an emergency situation,
This video will tell how it solved the problem.
If you have any better thoughts, please share them.
Thanks
Jkk

Could you attach a copy of the plan to make the puller.

/ If any members here have a flexible well poly pipe, you must have this tool.
Could you attach a copy of the plan to make the puller.
I made diagrams for you 😉😉
The plate's thickness is 1/4" mild steel.
Please ignore the extra holes that were there when I bought..

If you have any questions let me know.
Thanks
Jkk

Following sites are you can purchase the tool and roller.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG
5.JPG

/ If any members here have a flexible well poly pipe, you must have this tool. #4  
Heck, I just used an old car wheel set on a wooden cradle. Worked fine. Needs someone at the pipe to call a halt when the "buffers" show up.

Heck, I just used an old car wheel set on a wooden cradle. Worked fine. Needs someone at the pipe to call a halt when the "buffers" show up.
Anyway can you upload some pictures?
I love to see your tool.:giggle::giggle:
Jkk

/ If any members here have a flexible well poly pipe, you must have this tool. #6  
That looks good sure could of used that when I pulled the last one I thought my arms were going fall off they hurt so bad.

/ If any members here have a flexible well poly pipe, you must have this tool. #7  
Heck an old 12 inch rim mounted to a welded sleeve that slips onto the well pipe is a common device used around here.
My pump wholesaler vendor sells them.
Downside is a large area to place all that poly you've hauled out plus a vehicle (or lots of hands) should that well be deep.

We once pulled a 300 ft installation by hand and even with 3 people our arms sure ached.
300 ft of pipe full of water is heavy!

Naturally the ultimate rig is a large reel mounted on a trailer and driven by a small gas engine.
Also quite common in my area.

Last edited:
   / If any members here have a flexible well poly pipe, you must have this tool. #8  
That is a really good idea and be very easy to make.

Thankfully my well is 50ft deep and can pull and replace the pump in about 30min.

/ If any members here have a flexible well poly pipe, you must have this tool. #9  
I don't need this tool, but I learned a way to straighten things with a wood splitter.

I don't need this tool, but I learned a way to straighten things with a wood splitter.
Not only way to straighten things with a wood splitter but to bend too...😋😋😋
Jkk

bend strip.jpg