If it fits, it ships!

/ If it fits, it ships! #11  
It has a nice patina! 😂
Ha! Very nice patina indeed. In fact a collector's piece. I would pull that trailer with pride. (y)

Reminds me of an experience decades ago when I wandered into an Oriental art & furnishings store that was going out of business. I was admiring a solid bronze vase from China that was at least 200 years old, Qing Dynasty, though I was clueless at the time. When the owner walked over I said to her, quite naively, "I bet this will shine up really nice if I buff it hard with some rubbing compound!" When she realized I was serious, her expression turned to genuine shock and she whispered urgently, "Oh Sir! That would destroy the antiquity!"

She was right, of course, and I've never forgotten that small lesson in antiquities collecting. I did buy the vase. And still cherish the patina.

/ If it fits, it ships!
Ha! Very nice patina indeed. In fact a collector's piece. I would pull that trailer with pride. (y)

Reminds me of an experience decades ago when I wandered into an Oriental art & furnishings store that was going out of business. I was admiring a solid bronze vase from China that was at least 200 years old, Qing Dynasty, though I was clueless at the time. When the owner walked over I said to her, quite naively, "I bet this will shine up really nice if I buff it hard with some rubbing compound!" When she realized I was serious, her expression turned to genuine shock and she whispered urgently, "Oh Sir! That would destroy the antiquity!"

She was right, of course, and I've never forgotten that small lesson in antiquities collecting. I did buy the vase. And still cherish the patina.
Ha great story. I do agree a good patina can really compliment on object, however this summer I plan to paint over the patina on this trailer. 🤣

/ If it fits, it ships! #15  

Had a friend who did all the body work to perfection on his ‘40 Ford, then painted it in primer that looked like rust. He then painted it with flat green and before it completely dried he wiped off all the high spots down to the primer, clear coated in flat. Turned out to look very cool with old truck patina.
1713482524129.jpeg

/ If it fits, it ships! #16  
Had a friend who did all the body work to perfection on his ‘40 Ford, then painted it in primer that looked like rust. He then painted it with flat green and before it completely dried he wiped off all the high spots down to the primer, clear coated in flat. Turned out to look very cool with old truck patina.
View attachment 863118

That is extremely well done, very good looking!

/ If it fits, it ships!
Mission accomplished! Was able to score some field stone from a farm but it was a bit of a haul to get it. 200 miles for the required trips, 100 of them with the tractor in it. Sure pulled nice, load balance is perfect!

IMG_2314.jpeg
IMG_2312.jpeg

/ If it fits, it ships! #18  
Nice! The way I figure it, when it comes to acquisition cost of most any piece of equipment, that trailer has already paid for itself. ;)(y)

/ If it fits, it ships!
Nice! The way I figure it, when it comes to acquisition cost of most any piece of equipment, that trailer has already paid for itself. ;)(y)
Oh for sure! I used it on another project last year, just the delivery cost of material made up the cost of the trailer.