If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD?

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #21  
I wish the 3 pt hitch lever and the 3rd SCV lever were reversed. I have gotten used to it the way it is, but I still inadvertently grab the 3rd SCV when I want the 3 pt hitch lever. A couple of extra inches to slide the seat backward would also be nice. Overall, I am one happy customer.

Attachments

• JD4720 Cab Console.jpg
    JD4720 Cab Console.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 204
   / If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD?
TGlass, I can blend funtions on my Loader Valve. Mine works fine, for lifting and dumping at the same time. It is just a tad bit slower than normal, but it does do it just as well as my older tractors did. I Find that there is a precise sweet spot on one of my diagnals of the control valve. I tested this to make sure it did indeed work, and it does...for the cab model anyway.

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #23  
I would like an auto level feature for the 300 CX loader, would make life using the forks less exciting...:D

I also agree with others on the other 2 items.

1. Toolbox
2. Better SCV for multiple operations (keeping a pallet level when lowering or raising it would be easier).

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #24  
JasonMac, sounds like I need to make another trip to my dealer. My 3320 cab model won't on curl and lift, on dump it's a big task to the point of full stop and waiting if I'm lucky enough to tweek the lever in the right position. The service manager told me he thought it was either because of the type of valve or not having the power beyond option that's not yet avaliable for the cab model. I know this has been a complaint on non cabs, but never heard the cab models would. Please re-confirm this and I'll be off to the dealer.

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD?
Mine Definatly Lifts and dumps at the same time. I blend these funtions together all the time so I can self level and raise all in one fluid motion. I do it all the time...

Then On just a straight up and dump, it will do it fine.... a little slower, but it does do it at a fast enough speed for me...

Also make sure your regen lock switch is in the right position, that's the black metal handle underneath your loader control post....

Try different positions for the lock switch and see what works best for you...

I leave my switch in the middle position, and it works fine..

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #26  
tglass:
There is a small black lever on the right hand side just below the joystick for the loader. The position of this lever will either lock the joystick so it can't move any direction, allow the joystick to move in any direction, or allow the joystick to only move in two directions.
Your's appears to be in the two direction setting. I believe you push the black, angled lever just below the joystick in all the way on the cab tractor to allow in to move in all directions. This will allow you to lift and curl or whatever function you want at the same time. If what I told you doesn't work pull the lever out slightly (middle position) and try again.

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #27  
tglass:
My 4320 Cab will definately also do both functions in either direction at the same time although the valve is a bit touchy about finding just the right spot and as Jason has stated, it ain't no speed demon while performing both functions. It (the valve) certainly doesn't perform as well as most small TLB's I have used.

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #28  
Hmmm, thought I'de tried that, but maybe not. I'll try again. When I first bought the tractor neither I or the dealer realized there were three positions. We thought it was another safety feature to lock the lever out. That might explain some of the other minor problems, and thanks for the help.

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #29  
I have a 2006 3720 and would suggest the following changes:

1. Add auto leveling to the 300CX loader, no excuse for this oversight!
2. Allow independant use of Power Beyond and rockshaft. Use a mechanical lockout when the backhoe is mounted.
3. Add a step to the stabilizer guards on the 447 backhoe.
4. Add a parking brake warning tone or interlock. My 2355 has this and is quite usefull. The indicator is nice but hard to see with the sunlight right on it.
5. Go to a smaller, fender mounted joy stick loader SCV like on the cab versions
6. A throttle that you can access when in the backhoe seat
7. More hydraulic flow!

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #30  
Electric locker!
90% of the times I have needed it, I have needed 3 feet to engage it. Usually I am in an "oh crap" situation on a steep bank or coming out of a hole and need my left foot on the brake. Taking foot off break = death. OK, so put right foot on locker... uh, now how do I actually move? Stupid design. Worthless in fact, unless you are good at Twister.
I'd accept a hand operated mechanical locker, I suppose.
Another problem with the locker is it requires quite a bit of wheel rotation to engage. If I need a locker, I kinda need it right now. Not 3 inches deeper in the mud from now.

Less hardware and wiring underneath. I've had my electric diverter valve come unplugged twice. That took a while to figure out the first time.

Another vote for improved mixing on the loader SCVs. It can lift and curl at the same time, but it takes quite a bit of concentration and can be sloooow.

+1 for toolbox or at least a spot for a toolbox

Perhaps an unrealistic request, but I'd like to see throttle detents or an adjustable mechanical limiter. The lever is stiff enough that slow force is about as slow and accurate as just striking it with the palm of my hand. I'd like to get to PTO speed with a brain dead shove, knowing it will stop at a point I have set. Perhaps my throttle is just a stiff sucker?

A radiator support that isn't directly in the way of the air filter cover. Dumb!

A PTO cover that will stay up on it's own. Perhaps mine is not normal?

A top-n-tilt that will tilt BOTH ways. As an experiment I put the turnbuckle that was replaced by the cylinder on the left side and lengthened it way out until I had equal tilt both ways. Problem? Not enough tilt, and now the 3PH doesn't go nearly as high. Shame.

An improved diverter valve switch. With gloves on it can be a pain. A momentary push button on the top of the joystick would be major cool. I have little need for it to stay in diverted mode. Usually I click, adjust, click. Perfect for a monetary pushbutton. And if the monetary pushbutton doesn't work for you, put the dang indicator light on the dash.

Crusie control buttons on the steering while, like true automotive crusie control, eh? Having all those buttons way down on the right side is just dumb. Why take my hands off what they are doing? Why do I need to look down?

Another crazy request: dash mounted 3PH tilt indicator. Man that would rule!

Seems like a long list, but I am happy with my 3520. I'd buy it again for sure!