If you had doubts about pull ropes...

/ If you had doubts about pull ropes... #11  
Matt seems to be pretty even tempered. I have watched most of his videos. They get into some real sketchy recovery's sometimes. Like this one below:

Since you posted this I startd checking out his videos. He seems to have created a business doing something he enjoys and is good at.

/ If you had doubts about pull ropes...
Since you posted this I startd checking out his videos. He seems to have created a business doing something he enjoys and is good at.
On top of that he seems like a really nice guy.

/ If you had doubts about pull ropes... #13  
they also can do serious damage to people/vehicles if used improperly since they store so much energy, but they are useful I own one.

I was surprised he didn't put anything mid rope to prevent it from flying fast back at you if it breaks and seeing people standing close to it. Ain't that a recipe for disasters?

/ If you had doubts about pull ropes...
I was surprised he didn't put anything mid rope to prevent it from flying fast back at you if it breaks and seeing people standing close to it. Ain't that a recipe for disasters?
It is soft and large in diameter and catches a lot of air, and very light. Nothing like a cable or chain.

/ If you had doubts about pull ropes... #15  
Maybe, but "how-to" videos as well as instructions from manufacturers I've seen about kynetic recovery rope mention to put something like a jacket mid rope to act like a 'parachute' in case of breaking.

/ If you had doubts about pull ropes... #16  
That's been mentioned to him in the comments, and he addressed it but I don't recall his answer. He's good at what he does, but sometimes seems unprepared. They once towed a Ranger several miles throuh the sand because it was low on coolant... a couple gallons of water and he could have driven out. I keep that much in the truck for drinking, and it isn't as hot here as in Utah.

They have one interesting rescue of a pickup which had almost gone off a cliff and was at a 36 degree angle... a breath of wind would seemingly blow it over. Several others had tried and failed, they got it on an even keel and were able to drive it out.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8IfXPm9zrU

In one video Iwatched last night he said that they've been doing it since 1977 and have never had a damage claim. Considering where he goes to bring people back out, people have to accept some responsibility for themselves.

/ If you had doubts about pull ropes... #17  
It is soft and large in diameter and catches a lot of air, and very light. Nothing like a cable or chain.
And their stored energy is in every inch of its length, immediately releasing within itself at failure.
I've only used the strap type and when they break it's an uneventful straight line recoil.

/ If you had doubts about pull ropes... #18  
Last month I extracted an SUV that was well in a snow covered ditch.
I had a construction type 20 ft. 'sling' with a loop at one end**.
It was about 3/4" in diameter
Looped it over my hitch and he looped it onto his front cross member and I literally walked him out.
My 'sling line' stretched somewhat like a big elastic and out he popped.
OK, my SUV is AWD and he was also AWD.
A previous driver tried and snapped his tow line in an attempt.

** I had created a second loop at other end c/w a snatch hook for towing purposes.
(This lives permanently in my SUV.)

Last edited:
   / If you had doubts about pull ropes... #19  
They have one interesting rescue of a pickup which had almost gone off a cliff and was at a 36 degree angle... a breath of wind would seemingly blow it over. Several others had tried and failed, they got it on an even keel and were able to drive it out.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8IfXPm9zrU
That rescue was pretty amazing. I've watched probably 25 of his videos over the last week since watching that one. He yanks the crap out of his ropes.
I think my favorite is this one tho, he drags a car 10 miles. It's hilarious.

/ If you had doubts about pull ropes... #20  
That rescue was pretty amazing. I've watched probably 25 of his videos over the last week since watching that one. He yanks the crap out of his ropes.
I think my favorite is this one tho, he drags a car 10 miles. It's hilarious.
I want to see them get that Corvair up and running.