Ignition Switch Issue omn CK30

/ Ignition Switch Issue omn CK30 #1  

Robin Veerman

Platinum Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK30HST
I have a 2013 CK30HST, probably one of the last ones built before the next Model change? Around 400 hours on this unit and never kept outside since new. Over the past few weeks I've had an issue where the glow plugs etc will activate by key, but then when I turn it further to fire up the tractor there is no cranking happening. Turning the key off and back on several times and she will finally crank and fire up. The battery is good and is usually on a tender. Checking the forum here there are numerous issues related to the ignition switch. I've called my dealer and he acknowledges that it is a common issue and will order me a new switch. On Messick's web site it shows several different part numbers, although my dealer says they're all the same?
In the mean time, could someone explain how to remove the switch from the housing/dash so that I can open it up and clean it? Might be a while until the new switch comes in. Thanks, Dutchy CK30Ign.jpg

Last edited:
   / Ignition Switch Issue omn CK30 #2  
I would first try to spray WD40 into the ignition switch, and work the key back and forth to clean out dust and debris that commonly builds up in the ignition switch.

Messicks is a Kubota dealer, and online parts listings from Messicks are OEM Kubota only.

You can order Kioti OEM online at Paige Tractors:

OEM Parts Paige Tractors, Inc. Paige, TX (512) 253-6683

/ Ignition Switch Issue omn CK30
Thanks brother, my mistake, I meant to say Michigan Iron. Yep I've sprayed lubricant in the switch several times but it's getting worse. How does the switch come apart? Do I turn the chrome outer ring? Thanks, Dutchy

/ Ignition Switch Issue omn CK30 #4  
most of these switches the chrome outer ring is a nut.
unplug an hold the switch assembly take a pair of pliers and grab the nut and unscrew.

/ Ignition Switch Issue omn CK30 #5  
Thanks guys. I will take the switch apart sometime this week.

Hey, I gots the new key switch a couple of days ago and so today I loosened the dash shroud, got my big mitts in there and removed the switch and installed the new one. Took about a beer. The hardest part was getting the steering boot and throttle boot positioned properly. All seems good for now but time will tell. However, the old switch had crud even on the outside bottom of it so I can just imagine what the inside of it must look like. That will be a cold winter's day project, take it apart and inspect and clean it for a spare switch? Thanks, Dutchy

/ Ignition Switch Issue omn CK30 #8  
Job well done. Refurbish that old switch, and keep as a backup.