IH 244 rear hydraulics issue

/ IH 244 rear hydraulics issue #1  

barkerwc4362

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 332 (1987 and 1989) and 2004 John Deere 790 with 300 loader
I have a 1986 International 244 compact tractor that I purchased about two years ago. It was made by Mitsubishi and sold by CaseIH. Mitsubishi MT210 is its Japanese market equivalent. My tractor was made with all the bells and whistles: power steering, live pto, live hydraulics and synchromesh transmission. Hydraulic pump is direct drive off the accessory gear housing at the front of the K3D motor. Fluid flow is from the pump to power steering, then live pto valve, then 3pt, and finally to loader through rear accessory ports before being returned to the transmission case. The problem I have started when I was disking and raised the disk, made a turn, then lowered the disk. Upon lowering the disk the hydraulic pump could be heard being put under a heavy load, even though the disk was fully lowered, the steering wheel was straight, and the loader was not being operated. The 3pt would not raise and the loader could be lowered, but not raised. Even when the disk was unhooked the 3pt would not raise. It would eventually rise, with no load applied, after several minutes with the tractor idling. I now have the hitchcover off. The linkage appears fine. The 3pt control valve appears to have been replaced sometime in the past. The locking bar is missing that keeps the mounting bolts from backing out. The transmission/hydraulic oil was a milky brown when I purchased the tractor and it was replaced with International fluid. Fluid is now that clear red color and kept filled. I estimate I either have a control valve problem or some trash has partially clogged one of the passages in the hitch cover. Suggestions?

Bill

/ IH 244 rear hydraulics issue #2  
I have a IH 254 same thing happened to me, check hydraulic screen and the small control linkage from lift handle thru rear housing to control valve. Mine had rusted to where it was not moving freely .

/ IH 244 rear hydraulics issue
Nope, I have the hitchcover off and linkage all moves freely. My strainer assembly is checked regularly and is clean. I will be running air through the ports and passages tomorrow to see if any are blocked.

Bill