Loader IH 584 Loader Tilt Issue

/ IH 584 Loader Tilt Issue #1  

Mtschmitt

Tractor
1980's IH 584
I have a late 1980's International 584 4x4 with a front end loader. The loader is a Du-Al 110. I recently purchased the tractor and the seller had a chain around the hay spear that was on the FEL. With the chain off the tilt on the loader is not strong enough to tilt a 900+ pound roll of hay. The up and down function of the loader works fine and will lift the roll up into the air. However without the chain the tilt will not work to tilt the roll up to transfer the hay. With no load the spear will slowly start to drop towards the ground. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

/ IH 584 Loader Tilt Issue #2  
I always wondered why the guy down the road had a chain around the hay spear on his FEL . Now I know. You're not alone apparently.
A 584 has a pretty good hydraulic flow rate, I can't recall if there are valves that divert some of it away from the loader and to the 3 point mechanism. If there are maybe fiddling with them would send more hydraulics to the front, but I think it's probably just the physics of having 6 or 8 hundred pounds hanging out there.

/ IH 584 Loader Tilt Issue #3  
It is simple geometry,,
either the cylinders are too small,, or the load is too far away from the pivot point.

I can put 2,000 pounds on my forks on my 584,, and tilt the load back.

DSC_0017640x411287x404-1.jpg

/ IH 584 Loader Tilt Issue #4  
I just watched this video,, maybe this loader can handle your bales??

:thumbsup:

/ IH 584 Loader Tilt Issue #5  
Chain on spears move to load WAY out compared to QA ones.

I'm guess it's geometry and weight. If the loader is plumbed right the loader should have lots of hydraulic flow.

You might have to rev the engine up too.....idle might not make enough flow.

/ IH 584 Loader Tilt Issue #6  
I have no idea about the actual specs for a Du-Al 110, but that tractor should not have a problem curling that load back. Possibly the MCV is dirty and plugged or the pressure relief is leaking by or the system pressure is low. That tractor has got a few years on it and hydraulic pumps and valves do get wear especially if the hytran wasn't changed or the filters wasn't. You need to have the flow and pressure checked out first or change the filter and fluid and then check it.
Good luck

/ IH 584 Loader Tilt Issue #7  
With no load the spear will slowly start to drop towards the ground. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Maybe I read wrong before, are you saying the chain was holding the spear to the loader arms, or the bucket?

If the bucket drops on it's own it sounds like one or both cylinders are bypassing internally... =cylinder repacking.

Does the bucket work "normal" with no load?