IH little genius plows

/ IH little genius plows
I got the little genius one bottom I was after. The owner said it was ready to put in the ground as is. Any suggestions before I hook it up to my B and give it a try. It's a one 16" on steel wheels. needs paint but looks like its all there. The plow sheer and land slide are in good shape

Thanks for the help.

/ IH little genius plows #12  
Congratulations. Check all bolts to be sure they are tight. Then you are ready to go do some plowing.

/ IH little genius plows #13  
Do you have a swinging drawbar..?? As wide as the B's are, you'll be offset quite a bit on the hitch. You may have some sidedraft, if hooked to the regular drawbar. Just line up the insides of your right rear tire on tractor, and right wheel on plow, to both run in the furrow.

Wheel weight, or loaded tire on the left side will probably be a must...

Being that is a 16" bottom, after the second, or third round, you should be plowing 8" deep. Old rule of thumb is, a plow is designed to plow half as deep, as it is wide.

And me plowing in second gear, was in crop ground, not sod... Not sure what you will be turning over, but if it is sod ground, it may need to be in first, so don't be disappointed if it won't pull it in second the first time over.

If your not familiar with the type of soil, it may be best to go in first gear anyway, in case of rocks. And wouldn't hurt to oil up the break-away hitch, just in case..!!

Oh yeah... Pictures...!!