IH674 front tires with studs

/ IH674 front tires with studs
I have studded tires on the rear of my tractor with r4's and they do well on ice but my driveway is flat. I can still slide around but it does give a bit more traction and they seem to be staying on well. I only have a few that have pulled out.

any hills though and you really need chains if you are dealing with ice. I'm not sure how helpful the studs on the front tires will be if there is no weight to put on them.
Ya I need studded tires and weight , its not bad i only need to play with the brakes in maybe 3 storms a winter, we get about 12-15

/ IH674 front tires with studs #12  
Here's an old pic of my 574 pushing snow with a back blade;
100_4291.JPG

My neighbour thats one of my best friends had chains that would fit on my tractor with a little modding and a back blade, He sold the chains 100$ and 200$ for back blade, He had no clue id want them

/ IH674 front tires with studs #15  
My neighbour thats one of my best friends had chains that would fit on my tractor with a little modding and a back blade, He sold the chains 100$ and 200$ for back blade, He had no clue id want them

Chains make a huge difference. Just keep them tight or you will be damaging fenders etc.

Chains make a huge difference. Just keep them tight or you will be damaging fenders etc.
Can't drive on pave with chains and i open my moms driveway 1/4 mile away id do it anyway if i found cheap chains , I can lock my back diff and both our houses are flat driveways i'm ok, plus calcium in tires

/ IH674 front tires with studs #17  
I'd hate to total up all the miles we have put on chains on pavement, 3 miles from my place to the farm. The feed lot tractors get 5-6 miles every day with chains on when the fields are or roads are bad. Easily 150-200 miles per year on pavement.

/ IH674 front tires with studs #18  
Can't drive on pave with chains and i open my moms driveway 1/4 mile away id do it anyway if i found cheap chains , I can lock my back diff and both our houses are flat driveways i'm ok, plus calcium in tires

You can, just not very fast, I drove longer distances on pavement for years with chains. Preference is without with the distance though.

You can, just not very fast, I drove longer distances on pavement for years with chains. Preference is without with the distance though.
I meant by law you can't, Thats what people tell me

/ IH674 front tires with studs #20  
I meant by law you can't, Thats what people tell me

I'd be surprised seeing as highway trucks including government highway plows will run chains, I've seen them in NB.