IHC Farmall Cub

/ IHC Farmall Cub
Thanks for the information. I was looking at this tractor as a first time restoration project. Haven't made up my mind yet. Thanks again.

/ IHC Farmall Cub #12  
An OK price around but not a bargain either. Look it over real good as others have said it has an interesting engine and the only PTO implements to work with it are made for it. The shaft is smaller and turns backwards and at a different speed..

/ IHC Farmall Cub #13  
I'd give him a little less.

I had a '49. My first tractor - tractor. It ended up in my garage after one year. Didn't know squat about machinery. Learned tons of information - restoring it. Laid it out in the garage, piece by piece.

It was a little trouble after the first year. Age does that. Ended up tinkering with it more than I was using it. Hence the restoration rebuild. Most of my parts came from Tractor Supply back then. It was easy to work on. Gas, flow, spark, tuning, cooling, electrical. Had a JD dealer come out and get it to do the brakes for me.

After I painted all the parts. and got it back to new decal condition, it was sweet.

I look at my Kubota now, and I still don't understand it. Just too darn complex.

The Farmall Cub was a great real first tractor for me.

-Good luck.
-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ IHC Farmall Cub
MikeZ, thanks for the comments. I thought this might be a good first time project since it is small and not to complicated.

/ IHC Farmall Cub #15  
Price is relative. As long as it doesn't smoke. Rumor I heard is that Continental engines cost a small fortune for a rebuild.