Illusion or reality...curved loader arms/hood...?

/ Illusion or reality...curved loader arms/hood...? #61  
Off topic question for Henro:

How do you gas up your 2910 with that protector overtop of the hood? I like the look of it, but sure looks like it would make gassing up more of a chore.

moon of ohio

/ Illusion or reality...curved loader arms/hood...? #62  
Hi all, no pictures as promised tomorrow. The FIL was just diagnosed with cancer, we're leaving for Albuquerque in the morning.

/ Illusion or reality...curved loader arms/hood...?
<font color="blue"> How do you gas up your 2910 with that protector overtop of the hood? I like the look of it, but sure looks like it would make gassing up more of a chore.
</font>

Moon, actually it is almost as easy as stock. I sit the fuel can on the steering wheel like I used to, but now it rests a little higher since it is supported by the guard rather than the crossbar... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've attached a pic... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 509776-fueling (512 x 384).jpg
    509776-fueling (512 x 384).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 133
   / Illusion or reality...curved loader arms/hood...? #64  
Plans changed again. So pictures will be up Saturday showing the two tractors/loaders.

The sad Mrs_Bob is on the airplane alone flying to be with her father. Prognosis is very dim.

/ Illusion or reality...curved loader arms/hood...? #65  
Sorry to hear that, Bob. I hope everything goes ok.
pray.gif

/ Illusion or reality...curved loader arms/hood...? #66  
If you really want to see, get a Bobcat. You can watch the entire cutting edge of the bucket.

/ Illusion or reality...curved loader arms/hood...? #67  
Thanks Henro for answering the gassing up question.

I paid more attention using my FEL the other day. I was moving a couple rocks. I had a real hard time seeing the middle edge of the bucket, like others with the kubota sytle hoods have mentioned. No major problem, but there are blind areas. Something else to consider for those shopping, but for me I'll adjust. no biggie.

Moon of Ohio

/ Illusion or reality...curved loader arms/hood...? #68  
Moon wrote: <font color="green"> I was moving a couple rocks. I had a real hard time seeing the middle edge of the bucket, like others with the kubota sytle hoods have mentioned. No major problem, but there are blind areas. Something else to consider for those shopping </font>

I previously wrote: <font color="red"> When scooping up a pile of mulch or digging into a dirt pile I would say that there is ABSOLUTELY NO ADVANTAGE TO THE CURVED ARMS of the TC because under those circumstances you are trying to fill the entire bucket.

However, when trying to pick up someting with the bucket, the sloped hood and curved arms allow for closer viewing of objects to let you line up the item (such as a decent size landscape rock) into the center of the bucket. Or when trying to scoop up chunks of wood. Or any other task when the entire bucket will NOT be filled up, then the added visibility is an asset to speeding up loader work.
</font>

Moon, I think you said what I have been trying to say all along. The sloped arms are not the only reason to buy any machine, nor are they a reason to trade in a perfectly good tractor. But they do make some loader work easier and that makes them a consideration for anyone who wants to be productive with a FEL and is shopping for a new tractor.