I'm about this close!

/ I'm about this close! #1  

steveinmo

Silver Member
Tractor
Deere 3320 & Ford 861
I\'m about this close!

I've given up on keeping my old Ford running and decided I need a NEW tractor that I can depend on. Funny thing is, my wife agreed! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm sure that'll cost me later. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I've looked at most of the brands/colors and got quotes on all of them. I've thrown my impressions of how the dealers treated me into the equation too. The Deere dealer is the farthest from my place but he impressed me the most and since I was leaning to green anyway......that's what I'm going with.

He gave me a quote a week ago that I thought was in the ballpark. I talked to him yesterday and told him he needed to sharpen his pencil. He called this morning with his price:

3120 with Mid PTO, dual mid and single rear SCV, larger R4 tires, 300CX loader for $20,000 even. That's about 83% of the configurater price on the Deere site.

I've been thinking about moving up to the 3320 with another 3HP. The dealer said that would run another $1,100. He didn't think 3HP was worth the money. But since he has the 3120 on the lot and would have to order the 3320 I wonder if he just wants to move what he has.

So what do you think? Is that a "fair" price and do you think the 3HP is worth the money? I'm ready to pull the trigger today. Somebody push me off this fence! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Steve

/ I'm about this close! #2  
Re: I\'m about this close!

Sorry, but can't spend your money for you. That sounds like a good price for that package. Glad to see it includes the 300cx FEL too.

Pictures before and after you get it would be appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ I'm about this close! #3  

The 3 hp is worth it if you need the 25 pto hp for the attachments you want to use. I was going to get the 3320 but jumped to the 3520 for ~1700 more because it gave me the extra hp on the pto for larger implements.

/ I'm about this close!

beenthere - thanks for the reply. Pic's will be forthcoming!

Husker - I've currently got a 6' finish mower and 6' rear blade. I feel like the 3120 will handle both of those with ease. I've also got a 30" dirt scoop that probably won't see much use once I get the loader. I'm sure there is a box blade in the near future. I may want to drop to 5' for that. My main chores will be mowing, maintaining the gravel drive and various landscape projects around the new house.

What implements are you running that you felt like you needed the extra HP? And any comments about the price?

Man, I know you are wearing the pages of that manual slick! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the replies!

/ I'm about this close! #5  

steveinmo

I bumped up in tractor size so I could handle an 84" rear finish mower with ease. I am considering a 72" rototiller as well.

I was quoted 19600 for an 3320 eHydro with 300CX loader with no other options specified.