I'm admitting defeat---- Last time on this...........

/ I'm admitting defeat---- Last time on this........... #11  
Your problems sounds a little extreme for this to be the source of the problem, but it is worth looking into: Check your ignition timing. An engine that has its timing significantly retarded can generate a lot of extra heat. This may not be the whole problem, but it might be a contributing factor.

this was my first thought also.

The other thought was a head gasket.

/ I'm admitting defeat---- Last time on this........... #12  
I hope you find the issue. My heart goes out to you.

/ I'm admitting defeat---- Last time on this........... #13  
Is the air filter clean? Is there any restriction in the air intake to the engine?
Have you tried running without the thermostat installed?

/ I'm admitting defeat---- Last time on this...........
Is the air filter clean? Is there any restriction in the air intake to the engine?
Have you tried running without the thermostat installed?

Air filter seems clean. Ran without thermostat--no difference.

Your problems sounds a little extreme for this to be the source of the problem, but it is worth looking into: Check your ignition timing. An engine that has its timing significantly retarded can generate a lot of extra heat. This may not be the whole problem, but it might be a contributing factor.

There's no timing mark on this engine. Believe me--I've looked. The only way I can adjust it is to set for max RPM--other than make sure the point gap is correct.

/ I'm admitting defeat---- Last time on this........... #16  
I would pressure test the radiator on the tractor. See if it holds pressure,or leaks down. Did this tractor ever have a shroud around the fan? If it did it would help pull air through the radiator.

/ I'm admitting defeat---- Last time on this........... #17  
With all that you have replaced. Barring the hoses are not collapsing going into the engine and out. The Problem can only lay in the engine itself. Do you know anyone with a fiber optic cam? Lowes use to sell one for $50 or so..Telephone guys and plumbers use them.
I would find one to probe the channels to see if there is a blockage. Flushing the block out, really only removes anything that is loose. You could have something in there blocking 70% of the flow.

/ I'm admitting defeat---- Last time on this........... #18  
There's no timing mark on this engine. Believe me--I've looked. The only way I can adjust it is to set for max RPM--other than make sure the point gap is correct.

There is a timing mark on the flywheel that can be viewed through timing hole in flywheel housing by removing cover(parts key 3) Have you checked rad cap to be sure it holds the correct pressure??

Attachments

• T17454_________UN01JAN94.gif
    T17454_________UN01JAN94.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 94
With all that you have replaced. Barring the hoses are not collapsing going into the engine and out. The Problem can only lay in the engine itself. Do you know anyone with a fiber optic cam? Lowes use to sell one for $50 or so..Telephone guys and plumbers use them.
I would find one to probe the channels to see if there is a blockage. Flushing the block out, really only removes anything that is loose. You could have something in there blocking 70% of the flow.

Now I'm wondering if that is the problem. It only blows water out the overflow after shutdown. Now, How do I remove blockage in the engine block? How about a pressure washer? Mine is a 1600 PSI, but I'm not sure that would reach it. Is this going to take a complete tear-down? This tractor is actually too good to throw away. Oh also, I'm running without the side screens, but that doesn't help.