I'm Done With Branson

/ I'm Done With Branson #71  
I'm not saying they both go away. I'm just wondering if the mother ship (TYM) will keep 2 brands, 2 manufacturing facilities, 2 sets of overhead, etc. I don't think it will happen tomorrow, but I could see the following take place ...

Year
5......,,,,,,,,,,TYM and Branson
6 single brand TYM/Branson
7.................... TYM/Branson
8..................... TYM/Branson
9......................... TYM

Granted, this is pure speculation on my part, but this scenario is not so different from other companies being bought out. One would think that if this did happen, they would combine the best of both brands and continue parts support. I have seen company logos /brands follow that same path. If Branson (or TYM for that matter) are serious about their futures, they will amp up their parts availability, online parts look ups, etc. and get more dealers like Dave's Tractor.

Branson owners seem to like their tractors and that's cool. I'm just saying that corporations do what corporations do.

There is precedence for your predictions. Remember Ford, then Ford New Holland, and then New Holland. Names can morph like that.

I would guess that TYM and Branson will look at ways to gain efficiencies. Why create different engines for each brand? For that matter, why not share some transmission designs. And so forth. It could be one day that we have a Chevy/GMC thing with near identical units sold by different brands. Or perhaps they will bring it all under one brand. It is hard to know, but in any event (well not any event....there is a crazy guy in N Korea) I see both brands either surviving or merging in a manner that leaves no orphans. I have heard nothing of merging the brands in the USA, but it would certainly seem to be a possibility.

/ I'm Done With Branson #72  
The tractor brand I purchased was Branson. Now it's owned by TYM. That's O.K. And, I could care less what they (TYM) calls the next "generation" of these tractors as long as the tractor I purchased will still have parts and service (warranty work) available. If not for some reason, I'll take my beating and sell it and I'll buy a Kubota. But I ain't really worried about it......yet.....

/ I'm Done With Branson #73  
It's located in Robinson, tx right next to Waco.
It's Epperson tractor and the couple that run it are the friendliest people in the world and always seem to bend over backwards to help a person out. They truly are good people. .

Epperson tractor is a REAL tractor place, too.

They've been repairing all brands in that location for DECADES.
They just recently (last year or two) became a Branson dealer.
They are VERY different than other "dealers" that can't service what they sell!

/ I'm Done With Branson #74  
Year
5......,,,,,,,,,,TYM and Branson
6 single brand TYM/Branson
7....................TYM/Branson
Granted, this is pure speculation on my part, but this scenario is not so different from other companies being bought out.

Who knows....

It's been almost 30 YEARS since J.I. Case and International Harvester merged....

today, we have this:
168666-10268830.jpg

/ I'm Done With Branson #75  
Who knows....

It's been almost 30 YEARS since J.I. Case and International Harvester merged....

today, we have this:
View attachment 519691

And now CIH and NH are the same except for paint and all the mid size and under (+100 hp and down) are from overseas,
but a great many have always been from overseas, the 574's and similars where an english tractor with lots of german motors.
The PUMA's are all english. The small fords NH are all korean, mids are europe only the biggest are American.
No reason TYM/Branson can't have two seperate names and just minor differences.

/ I'm Done With Branson #76  
Hello Dave from Daves Tractor;

I had some questions that my dealer couldn't answer and he seemed to get no response from Branson also.
As far as the parts availability Branson removed the parts look up from the customer access of there web site,
I can go to the New Holland/ Ford or the IH or CNH or John Deere web sites and find all the parts break downs and exploded drawings
which not only gets me the parts numbers but will also link to the dealers parts and will even price them out for me or anyone.
The exploded drawings are a great help when working on equipment. Manuals, are Branson manuals available for purchase? It doesn't seem like it.

Contact Buster Jenkins at the Plainview, Tx. warehouse (1205 S I-27, Plainview, Tx. 79072; (806) 293-0337) if you want super service.

My take of the Branson management is that once the tractor leaves their Rome Ga. facility they are through with it other than supplying parts. I noticed that back in 2007 when I bought my 6530 and had some questions that weren't in the service manual. Haven't changed my mind on the matter. Per my experience with them, they are setup on the dealer-customer relationship. On your dealer not getting any answers from them, I don't know the particulars on that.

Buster has not only helped me personally, he sent the area tech. rep. to my farm (about 300 miles from Plainview) back in 2007 when I had an AC idler pulley failure after just a few 10s of hours of operation. Turns out the AC drive V belt idler pulley design hadn't been adequately designed for the load placed on it. Got me a redesigned (doubled the bearing size) complete unit with new fan belt handed to me at my farm, no questions asked. Had another little problem with a knob and got a replacement, no questions asked. Needed a cab door from a rock strike and he had me one in 3 days (not a warranty item obviously). Tore out my front bearings due some stupid abuse this spring and had the parts I needed in about 3 days, bearings, seals, and all, plus the information that since 2007 when I bought the tractor new, Kukje has changed their mind about front axle fluid and he recommended 85w-140 which I installed. No problems since. Additionally he is knowledgeable about the machines as he does field service in the Plainview area, personally.

I know Branson has the product. What I don't and haven't over the years understood is why do they manage the company the way they do over in Rome, Ga.. Just doesn't make sense to me..........and to a lot of customers and potential customers.

Last edited: