I'm going Bobcat..

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #1  

MoPops

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225, John Deere X540
Going down to southeast Missouri tomorrow to look at a CT225. It's got the industrial tires vs the ag tires I wanted, but I hope to get by with them.
I guy down in Neelyville, Mo bought 50 of them when they quit making them. He's got two left. He had three last week when I talked with him, but he sold the one he had with the ag tires. I wasn't quick enough. I guess he will have one left after Friday.
Hopefully it's ok after sitting around for a year or two. I'll check for leaks, and run it a while to see how it sounds. But I don't know enough to know if it's ok..
Anyone think of anything in particular I should be looking out for? It's a 2012, with zero hours. Deluxe seat, adjustable arms on the PTO, cruise, tilt, (sounds like a car) probably this is all standard.
I've got a lot planned for it.. I was going to try and pull a tiller, but I've backed off on that. I found a guy that'll pay cash rent on my few acres, and plant alfalfa, so he's doing all the hard work with a bigger tractor.
Hope these work as hard as I've heard. I realize it's underpowered, but it has a lot more weight, and lift capacity than other compact tractors I've been looking at. And at $14,000 it's a lot less expensive.
Jeff

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #2  
Good starting Tractor.

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #3  
I think you will find it to be a reliable hard working tractor.

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #4  
I'm a Bobcat owner. From the beginning the Bobcat tractor line has provided good value. With the current closeout pricing that value has been enhanced even more.

I think the ct225 will meet your needs fine.

I don't believe the "sitting around" will have caused any problems. One of my Bobcats had been on display in a Bobcat distributor's corporate office lobby for three years before I bought it.

Please let us know how the purchase works out and share some photos when you get the machine home.

/ I'm going Bobcat..
Will do. Glad to hear positive things about it.
I'm hoping to get a lot of years out of it..
I'm used to motorcycles, where you add and add various upgrades to a bike.
I like long distance, dirt, gravel road travel.
It seems with tractors, you leave the tractor basically the same, but add, and add, a lot of different attachments. It'll be an adventure to see what this little tractor will run.
Thanks, I'm sure I'll have a million questions, I will try to google answers first.
This is my first tractor.
Jeff

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #6  
Good luck, that is a pretty good little tractor and you should be OK on power if your are not running anything off the PTO that really needs more. My brother has the Kioti CK27 and he is happy with it, he doesn't much care for the seat, but I don't know if it's the deluxe one, I've never driven it. You will know if it fits you or not.

He added a rear remote and hydraulic top link, but other than that, no changes.

/ I'm going Bobcat..
I've heard a lot about the rear remote, but I have to admit.. I don't even know what it does. It's been recommended to me several times.
Is it something I can add myself? Or, do I need special tools, and experience with hydraulic lines/connections, etc..
Thanks
Jeff

Good luck, that is a pretty good little tractor and you should be OK on power if your are not running anything off the PTO that really needs more. My brother has the Kioti CK27 and he is happy with it, he doesn't much care for the seat, but I don't know if it's the deluxe one, I've never driven it. You will know if it fits you or not.

He added a rear remote and hydraulic top link, but other than that, no changes.

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #8  
I've heard a lot about the rear remote, but I have to admit.. I don't even know what it does. It's been recommended to me several times.
Is it something I can add myself? Or, do I need special tools, and experience with hydraulic lines/connections, etc..
Thanks
Jeff

Yes, you can add them yourself if you have the mechanical ability, which I don't. Contact Brian (MtnViewRanch) at FitRite Fit Rite Hydraulics - fitritehydraulics.com

Also review the posts by J J as he is one of the hydraulics expert on here.

Attachments

• IMG_8421.jpg
    IMG_8421.jpg
    711.6 KB · Views: 762
  • IMG_8422.jpg
    IMG_8422.jpg
    708.8 KB · Views: 598
   / I'm going Bobcat.. #9  
As near as I can tell the CT225 is more or less the same as a Kioti CK27. of course there will be some differences, most notably will be the loader and a few electrical changes like the seat safety switch and no provision for draft control on the 3pt. I don't know if the ct225 will have the one remote or not, but if it doesn't, it can be added later. I would add it when time and funds permit, then you can always multiply remotes with the electric/hydraulic valves that Brian supply's if you need them. But having one remote will get you the Selective control valve, and the one set of outlets that can be easily multiplied. This would get you hookup for a grapple if you wanted one, and TopnTilt if you should ever want it. I have never had a use for the draft control on my Kioti, since I don't run a plow as I don't have any dirt.:) The CT225/CK27 should be a nice tractor with a good selection of features.

/ I'm going Bobcat.. #10  
I have the 'Top-N-Tilt' on my CT445. I like the functionality they offer. Only issue is that the levers to operate the rear remotes are placed such that I'm accidentally bumping into them with my lower leg when doing chores that require a lot of turning around in the seat. Plan when the weather warms is to fabricate a metal guard to protect the levers from accidentally contact