I'm in a pretty bad fix.

/ I'm in a pretty bad fix. #11  
Pat,
Sorry to hear about the injury. It's a darn thing age does to us. I'm 41 and am very careful not to fall or hurt myself. I'm in the middle of windows and siding on the house. Went out and got scaffolding. Can't climb the way I did 10 years ago.
On the subject of surgery. My mom had knee replacement surgery about 7 years ago, went alright, but it's bothering her again. She had the other knee done last month and she was up in a couple of days and gingerly walked out of the hospital in two weeks. Unbelievable.
Tell you what. Take a couple of pictures of your B7800 and we'll tell you what a cool machine she is. If you got a trailer and tow vehicle, post those also. We LOVE pictures. Just don't do what this guy did. We got distracted.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-buying-pricing/108525-dk90-here.html#post1248269

Ed

/ I'm in a pretty bad fix.
Update on the knee:, I went to the doctor this morning, and after seeing the mri, he said I have a torn meniscus, torn acl, two other partial tears of other tendons, fluid inside the knee, and developed a spur. I go to see the orthapedic surgeon next Wednesday (my 42nd birthday) and we'll go from there. At least I won't have to work Christmas or Thanksgiving I guess.
Thanks for all the good wishes. You folks are the best.
Pat

/ I'm in a pretty bad fix. #13  
Dude, I cringe every time I open this thread. Sort of masochistic that I keep opening it, but I really wanted to hear an update. Hoped it was good news, but it looks like you did a real job on your knee. Very unfortunate.

Things like to go up and down, in and out, back and forth, but for some reason when you twist them (unless it is a valve or a screw), stuff starts to go terribly wrong. Seen it with my Dad's back.

We all really hope the best for you. Please have a speedy recovery and take care of yourself.

At least it happened during football season. Maybe you'll even get to catch the World Series. And all the folks waiting on you during the holidays! Could have been worse, is all. The wife could be on the tractor trying to mow the lawn...

Happy Birthday, by the way!

/ I'm in a pretty bad fix. #14  
cityfarma said:
When we are younger and have kids, we can't afford to buy the toys we need. When we are older and the kids are able to look after themselves, and we can afford the toys, it is too late. The damage has been done. It is a cruel life:(

Youth is wasted on the young - George Bernard Shaw

/ I'm in a pretty bad fix. #15  
16valex said:
That's really sucks. I found myself getting old too, I have to be careful from now on. Just two weeks ago, I was working in the engine bay of my car for a few hours, I then ran to the backyard to move the garden hose to water my new grass, I heard a terrible lound pop noise coming from my calf, I was down like getting hit by a bullet, I was looking for blood but there was none. It turned out, I hyper extended my Achiles tendon, thanks goodness I'm back and driving my 5 spd without issue.

I can totally related to your situation not being able to do any thing is kind of frustrating. Hope you will get better soon.

Alex
I know the aggravation. I took deliver a couple of weeks ago of a brand new 4740 on a Monday afternoon. My chiropractor told me on Wednesday that I was to "stay off of the tractor and your horses."

/ I'm in a pretty bad fix.
Had surgery on 10-31, and the doctor found some torn cartlidge to go along with the other tears. He got permission from my wife to fix that also, but now I can't use that leg or bend it at all for a min. of 6 weeks. I originally was told I could walk in a few weeks, but with the other tears, recovery will be twice as long. I'm miserable,but I gotta do it.
On the upside, my wife is a saint and is taking good care of me, and I will definatly be off for Christmas.
Pat

/ I'm in a pretty bad fix. #17  
my wife is a saint and is taking good care of me

Yep, a good wife is indispensable; don't know what I'd do without mine. Hope the recovery goes well.