I'm on the way to green :-)

/ I'm on the way to green :-) #1  

RADIUM

Gold Member
Tractor
NEW HOLLAND 2420
it looks like I'm going to be green :), after spending the day with good dealer and banging out some numbers it looks like we're going to go with a 5080 M cab model I thought long and hard about it and yesterday's cold weather gave me a reality check of why I love my cab. Basically the same functions I had on the open platform 5075 just more horsepower and of course the cab one other interesting fact apparently the tractor was ordered and somebody lost the financing tough times of course so I got a really sweet deal on it ,I promise the dealer not to tell people the exact number but it was well below list just a few thousand more than the original deal, I think my dad was smiling in heaven ;-) . One quick question it's got the extra options something to do with adjusting the power reverse transmission just curious what it does any ideas, and it has a self-leveling 563 loader I'm not too sure I'll be happy with that but the deal was so good I had to accept it looks like about three weeks by the time they get in and add my remotes and extra lights I requested I'm always working at night I'll post pictures as soon as I get her thanks again for all the information one of my favorite pictures of my dad planting the farm so many years ago with his 1010 take care and God bless

Attachments

• dad.jpeg
    dad.jpeg
    626 KB · Views: 278
   / I'm on the way to green :-) #2  
Hey Radium,
Congrats on you're decision to go with the 5M. I'm sure you won't have any regrets.:thumbsup:
That would be your reverser modulation control. It controls how aggresive your directional shift is when using the reverser lever without the clutch.

Regards,
Tom

/ I'm on the way to green :-) #3  
Congrats on your new investment.

JD1010..yeah I am drooling. :)

/ I'm on the way to green :-) #4  
Go for the big one.!!

Sounds like you got all that you wanted....congrats.

Great picture, btw.

/ I'm on the way to green :-)
It could only happen to me :-( the dealer let me know he made a mistake the other dealer had the tractor listed wrong remember the old saying if it's too good to be true, the tractor had everything he claimed except one important fact any guesses out there? a cab!! Looks like I'm back at square one, don't get me wrong it's still a great deal it just would've been a better deal with a cab he he still has the 83 limited cab model on the lot it just seems like less of a tractor Friday I will talk to him about it he feels bad, between getting yelled at for driving someone's sold tractor and now this I might just go find another dealer not too much confidence in him take care

/ I'm on the way to green :-) #6  
Radium,
Very unfortunate when deals go sour on you.
I can only say that I prefer the cab tractors and that if this will be your only tractor or the main tractor that you will use that it is better to go the premium route. Make sure it has the features you will need for future use as this can eliminate the need for trading up for quite some time. This should save you money in the long run.

/ I'm on the way to green :-) #7  
The M is one heck of a tractor. It is like a 6000 in a 5000 size. It sure has the price to go with it. The limited seems very limited in comparison. I have a 5525 and I am very happy with it. It is between a limited and a M.

I looked at the M for a number of things. One of which is the tilt out coolers. When we are baling hay - it can be a real hassle to clean the radiator properly.

If you run the numbers - the 6115D seems like a bargain. I just wish it had more gears in it and the cab controls were more ergonomics (read up on the console, etc. Like the limited vs. M stuff.

D.

/ I'm on the way to green :-) #8  
The M is one heck of a tractor. It is like a 6000 in a 5000 size. It sure has the price to go with it. The limited seems very limited in comparison. I have a 5525 and I am very happy with it. It is between a limited and a M.

I looked at the M for a number of things. One of which is the tilt out coolers. When we are baling hay - it can be a real hassle to clean the radiator properly.

If you run the numbers - the 6115D seems like a bargain. I just wish it had more gears in it and the cab controls were more ergonomics (read up on the console, etc. Like the limited vs. M stuff.

D.

I agree 100% with you on this.

I am considering a 6115D only if it will lave limited use but will go with a better equipped tractor if there is more work to justify it. Waiting to see if some larger contracts follow through first. I would like a 6000 series tractor that is the same as my 4520 with ehydro, wish that was available.

/ I'm on the way to green :-) #9  
Ms are pretty expensive. Maybe look for a nice used 6420 or 6420?

I almost bought a 6415 when I bought my 5525 but it was $10K more money. In some ways I wish I had, but overall - the 5525 has been a very good tractor.

D.

/ I'm on the way to green :-) #10  
Darin,
If I go the deluxe route I am thinking a 6430 with IVT, definately wan't the electric operated hydraulics to use with Tapcon laser equipment. Glad I don't expect agriculture work to justify it.:)