iMatch or other 3PH Assist...

/ iMatch or other 3PH Assist... #1  

MikeFromVA

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4110
I just purchased a 4110 w/ an LX4. When I tried to see how easy it was to remove, I was suprised that I couldn't get the link to slide off the draft arm (yes, I did remove the link pin). Now, I didn't try too hard because I really needed it on at the time.

But that started me thinking that maybe I should get an iMatch or similar product. Does the iMatch work with non-Deere implements? Are there other options (like Pat's Easy Change system) that I should consider? Is there a cheaper version that I can get at TSC?

/ iMatch or other 3PH Assist... #2  
Mike, iMatch and similar products work for standardized implements only. That is NOT a problem if you are starting from scratch with your implement buying, but it can be a problem if you already have equipment, if you share equipment with neighbors, etc. Also, the iMatch and similar products will not work with a Post Hole Digger. The only quick hitch type item I know that works with a PHD is Pat's. Then again, if you only rarely use a PHD, then simply remove the iMatch if you want to use it.

Your best bet is to measure your implements that you currently own and make sure they all fit the iMatch before buying it.

As for other brands, yes there are several. Some cheap ones some expensive ones. Many people have posted they have luck with Homiers and TSC.

/ iMatch or other 3PH Assist... #3  
There is a similar model made by Speeco. I am unsure if uses the exact same dimensions. I just bought one off of eBay for $178 shipped to me. Northern Tool sells them for $189 or $199.

/ iMatch or other 3PH Assist... #4  
Does anyone know if iMatch will work with a top & tilt system? Say you need to tilt a rear blade left or right to get a corner to scrape something, will iMatch prevent you from do that?

/ iMatch or other 3PH Assist...
Bob,

I know that you have Pat's System - do you think that it's easier than something like the iMatch?

Right now I only have an LX4 rotary cutter but I will be getting a box blade soon (probably from TSC). The LX4 makes it very hard to put the tractor in the garage, but I like having it on when I do FEL work (which is a lot right now). I'd love to be able to drop it off and pick it up more easily.

/ iMatch or other 3PH Assist... #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bob,

I know that you have Pat's System - do you think that it's easier than something like the iMatch?

Right now I only have an LX4 rotary cutter but I will be getting a box blade soon (probably from TSC). The LX4 makes it very hard to put the tractor in the garage, but I like having it on when I do FEL work (which is a lot right now). I'd love to be able to drop it off and pick it up more easily. )</font>

Pat's is probably NOT easier than an iMatch type unit. However, it works with ALL my implements, as well as my neighbor's stuff (and we share implements). My concern was something that worked with ALL my stuff, Pat's was the only one that did that becuase I had a couple rear mount decks (both have now been sold) that did not fit a standard Quick Hitch.

/ iMatch or other 3PH Assist... #7  
Mike,

I-Match is built to ASAE and SAE standards--not John Deere standards. It works so well that you will easily fall in love with it. The only condition is that it works with implements that also are built to the standards. Most older ones are not and many of the short-liners are still not. Frontier implements, some newer Woods, Midwest, and a few others are built to the standard. More and more will adopt them as the popularity of quick-hitches increases.

If you are just starting out, I would strongly urge that you consider doing it right up front and purchase only implements that meet the standard. You will thank yourself every time you need to connect or disconnect for the rest of your life.

IMatch works with the John Deere TNT system, so I presume it will work with others as well.

Speeco quick-hitch almost meets the standard, but not quite. It is most attractive to those who already have an investment in other implements that they can revise to make work with the Quick-Hitch. Pat's system is also attractive for those who already have numerous implements.

You mention using the rotary cutter as rear ballast when using the loader. It works, but it is also very long and cumbersome if you are working in tight spaces or close to buildings. You might want to also consider getting an IMatch ballast box for this reason. It is trivial to drop it off or put it on. In your loader Operators Manual, there is a strong and valid recommendation for using 3 point hitch ballast in addition to wheel ballast.

Good Luck.

JackIL

/ iMatch or other 3PH Assist... #8  
Hi JackIl, do you know what the difference in dimensions are between the IMatch vs Speeco? Or do you know what the dimensions of the IMatch are. I did some searches and couldnt find it.

/ iMatch or other 3PH Assist...
The dealer is getting the iMatch for me - $225. Says it'll take 2 weeks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif - you'd think that they would have one or two laying around...

/ iMatch or other 3PH Assist... #10  
Dave,

I have recently sold my JD 955 tractor and I-Match equipment, so I can't just go out and measure it. However, that is probably the easiest thing for a person to do--stop by a JD dealership and measure the inside dimensions of the lower couplers and the elevation of the centerline of the top hook above the horizontal centerline through the lower hooks.

The main difference between the Speeco unit and I-Match is the top hook. The Speeco is adjustable up and down in 4 or 5 positions whereas the I-Match is fixed at the standardized height. I do not know if any of these positions match the standard. However, much of the convenience of the quick-coupler concept vanishes if you need to move the top hook position from one implement to the next. So if you are starting out with no older equipment, it makes sense to me to go with the Standard one and then only purchase implements that meet the Standard.

JackIL