iMig 200 questions

/ iMig 200 questions
Shield Arc
I was looking at all three welders we have talked about, both stick welders and the iMig 200. The iMig can do 160 amp in stick mode. Other than the 40 amp difference, will the 200ST do anything with stick the iMig will not?

I like the control you mention on the 300 too, just not sure how much I would really need/use it. I seldom do projects that large. However, the Tig function is interesting. Never done it but it is intriguing.

/ iMig 200 questions #12  
160-amps should be plenty to run 5/32-inch 7018. I won't run much 5/32-inch 7018, otherwise I break out the wire feed welder. Any of these constant current welder you can use a scratch start Tig rig with. To Tig weld mild steel, and stainless steel.
I've had this Tig rig for a few years now, very happy with it.
TIG Welding Torch Set WP-26V-25R 25-ft 2 Amp Air-Cooled w/Free Gloves | eBay

A lot of people buy this flow meter to go along with the Tig rig.
HTP Argon CO2 Mig Tig Flow meter Regulator Welding Weld Flowmeter | eBay

/ iMig 200 questions
Well you are about 3ft over my head so far :).

I see what you are saying about the arc control, and how it could help, but honestly cannot see where I would use that much power. I wouldn't attempt to build a trailer (if I built another one) with anything over 3/16" steel, so it would be really hard for me to justify the extra money. In addition, I do not have enough welding needs or projects to learn it enough to be even decent at it.

/ iMig 200 questions #14  
Trailers are generally cheaper to buy but look them over good, don't just buy the cheapest one. It might be made by someone without enough experience. That being said, a trailer you want to take on the highway is not a good first project. Build smaller projects to start off until you get some skills. A cart for your welder, a steel work table and stuff like that that won't be catastrophic if it breaks.