Implement brand questions

/ Implement brand questions #1  

teeravis1

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4044R
Guys, I had this posted on the attachment forum but didn't get the feedback I was hoping for. So I am posting it here hoping to get everyones opinions & testimonials.....I welcome everyones 2 cents:) First question; does John Deere & Kubota make their own implements, or do they just stick their names on someone elses stuff?
Second question; On implements, which are built better built out of the following:Frontier (John Deere brand), Kubota, Howse, King Kutter, Woods, Agrifab, Land pride, Hawk Line. Does the cost of them follow the same order?
I would be most interested in rear rough cut mower, landscape rake, box blade & tiller.
Thanks - Trav

/ Implement brand questions #2  
The dealer told me the Kuboto 48" tiller I bought with my BX24 was third party - its turned out to be less expensive than the third party branded tiller (forgot which brand name it was) so I bought the Kubota version.

/ Implement brand questions
Come on now guys, I know a lot of you have looked thoroughly at different implement brands, or have had experience with different brand implements:confused: Give a yooper your 2 cents!:D

/ Implement brand questions #4  
Don't know all of the brands very well,but Woods and Landpride are top shelf. Don't forget in implements as most things,you get what you pay for. I have the same tractor as you and bought Woods standard implements. RB 72 rear blade(6'),LR 72 landscape rake w/guage wheels(6'),and GB60 box blade(5'). Paid $2000 for the bunch. The 60" box blade is fine,but I think the tractor could use the GB65,or even the GB72,if you think you'd like a wider one. Good luck and enjoy that wonderful piece of equipment.

/ Implement brand questions #5  
I had a Farm King rear mounted blower on my old tractor and it was reliable and fairly well built. I have a Kubota front mounted blower on my L3430 and even though the dealer told me it was made third party in Canada it is very well built. Lots of bracing and thick metal. It also depends on the amount of use you plan to give it. I used the rear mount for 12 years just to do my 500' driveway and never had a problem with it. Hope this helps a bit.

/ Implement brand questions #6  
Teeravi1: This is an age old question in many areas...It's hard to know just Who makes what !! I have a B3030HSDC which came with a Rhino finish mower from the Kubota dealer...I bought a King Kutter 48" tiller which is a heavy duty piece..I also use a Lienbach post hole digger & Lienbach single row plow , and an Atlas 4ft landscape box. I got the Lienbach and Atlas stuff with My Ford 8N...And probably would not have bought the " Name brand " stuff...unless it looked and felt like the best. I hate to disagree with other Members here...but.... Sometimes the high priced name brand stuff is either made by the not so well known named brand manufacter, but You wind up paying extra for the name. Shop around...kick a few tires...LOL. Hope My rambling made sense...and helped You out some.

/ Implement brand questions #7  
I have the Woods box blade, and I have found the quality and construction to be superior to the King Kutter and the Kubota models, it's really built well.
I also have the Kubota tiller and would be surprised if there were another brand that is built any better. I also have the Markham tooth bar, and while it is very nice and very sturdy, it could use more teeth, but this has been debated here at length.
I guess you still get what you pay for...
:D

/ Implement brand questions #8  
Kubota builds their own loaders, mowers and backhoes... but the other post hole diggers, tillers and stuff come from someone else. I'm not sure who.

I am very partial to Woods implements. They are very well built and best of all... you can get parts for them! Yes.. parts for implements! A foreign concept to many implement companies.

/ Implement brand questions #9  
The only opinion I can give you is on the tiller. Like you, I have a B3030, I chose to go with the Kubota 1271RC tiller. I don't know if the RC stands for reverse cut but that's what it is. I decided to get a reverse cut tiller after watching a distant neighbor use one. I was impressed. A reverse cut tiller does just that, the blades turn the opposite direction of the way the tractor is going so it bites into the ground, instead of pushing the tractor and sometimes riding over stretches of ground. I chose the Kubota tiller after shopping for a while. I initially wanted a gear driven tiller instead of a chain model like the Kubota tiller but they were really expensive. After having my dealer assure me he's never had a problem with the Kubota chain driven tiller I bought it. He was right. Although I've only got around 100 hours on the tractor with probably 40 hours on the tiller, I can heartily recommend it. It's hit large stumps, buried metal fence posts and lots of other junk that shouldn't be where it is and it's never given me any trouble, I thank my lucky stars for the slip clutch on this tiller. Of course after hitting something like a big stump or metal fence post, I have to stop and remove it but once the offending object is removed, the tiller just goes like nothing happened.

I have no idea who makes this tiller because the dealer wasn't really sure. Whomever made it made it well, it's built heavier than the Land Pride and some others (chain) I looked at. Again, I don't see how you could go wrong with this tiller and it was even slightly cheaper than a JD dealer quoted me for a Land Pride, go figure. Hope this helps.

/ Implement brand questions #10  
You only need to comparison shop for those things which aren't made by Woods :D I've been super-impressed with everything of theirs and I've never heard anything bad on them. Woods actually used to make some Kubota implements.