Implement repair stand

/ Implement repair stand #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
I been buying and repairing a lot of implements recently and find they are rather difficult for me to move around by myself in the garage. I am attempting to come up with a way that I can take the implement into the garage with the front forks and drop it then not need the tractor again while I am working on it. I was thinking that something that would allow me to lift about 1000 lbs max would be good weight wise. I would love to me be able to tip them to work on different area and even flip them if needed. I been thinking about a engine hoist (Cherry picker/shop crane) as one possible device. Of course the LONG legs are sort of in the way but I do need them there for stability. The folding kind is nice because it would use up too much of my very limited garage shop space. Does anyone own something that would work or have any thoughts on something that could be welded up to do it.
I like the shop trolley cranes but I am using my 1.5 car in home garage currently and the height is a problem (only 7 foot).
My main work is bush hogs, rakes, blades etc....
Thanks for the ideas!

/ Implement repair stand #2  
I been buying and repairing a lot of implements recently and find they are rather difficult for me to move around by myself in the garage. I am attempting to come up with a way that I can take the implement into the garage with the front forks and drop it then not need the tractor again while I am working on it. I was thinking that something that would allow me to lift about 1000 lbs max would be good weight wise. I would love to me be able to tip them to work on different area and even flip them if needed. I been thinking about a engine hoist (Cherry picker/shop crane) as one possible device. Of course the LONG legs are sort of in the way but I do need them there for stability. The folding kind is nice because it would use up too much of my very limited garage shop space. Does anyone own something that would work or have any thoughts on something that could be welded up to do it.
I like the shop trolley cranes but I am using my 1.5 car in home garage currently and the height is a problem (only 7 foot).
My main work is bush hogs, rakes, blades etc....
Thanks for the ideas!

I use a Harbor Freight gantry crane in my shop for the tasks you specified.

DSCF0073 (Small).JPG

Search results for: 'gantry'

I also have the Harbor Freight shop crane

1 Ton Capacity Foldable Shop Crane

These tools handle all my heavy lift work.

/ Implement repair stand
I really like the Gantry but my ceiling height is really low (about 7 foot) and it seems they only go down to about 8"3" or else I would have one. I really need to get a shop built sometime soon but as with most things money is the issue so right now Im stuck in the low ceiling garage.....
Thanks

/ Implement repair stand #4  
   / Implement repair stand #5  
Sherweld,
Just finished looking at your invention.Great idea for moving stuff into tight spaces.I'm gonna save those pictures for future reference.Nice work.
digger2

/ Implement repair stand #6  
I use a folding engine hoist. Like you said, it's not ideal, but it gets the lifting done works in a small garage and doesn't take up a lot of space to store.

/ Implement repair stand
I use a folding engine hoist. Like you said, it's not ideal, but it gets the lifting done works in a small garage and doesn't take up a lot of space to store.

Do you find that the legs get in the way or make it very difficult to use? I am really leaning this way just because of price and height. Plus the idea of flowing it up and shoving it out of the away is sort of nice also because of my limited space.
THANKS

/ Implement repair stand #8  
Do you find that the legs get in the way or make it very difficult to use? I am really leaning this way just because of price and height. Plus the idea of flowing it up and shoving it out of the away is sort of nice also because of my limited space.
THANKS

Yeah the legs get in the way, but I wouldn't say it makes it very difficult to use Depending on what you are trying to lift it may require you to start it lifting to get it up on/over the legs, brace it then re-rig to lift it the rest of the way. It's like any other tool. It's worth having around. Sometimes its not exactly what you need but it will help get the job done and then other times it's just the thing you need :)

/ Implement repair stand
Ended up buying one yesterday and setting it up. I think it will work well. I was also thinking about having a way to hook it to the wall (by the top of the vertical support) so I can lift stuff under 1000 lbs with out the legs being down. Thinking of running threaded rod through the block all and attaching a large steel plate on the outside (so it spreads the weight over a much larger area) then having the top of the lift (right below the pivot point) attach to the on on the inside. The lift will still sit on 4 wheels but this would keep it from falling forward with a load. I think it will work......
Thanks for the info and help - you swung me over to going out and buying one