Importance of having falling object protection.

/ Importance of having falling object protection. #11  
I meant 3 ".

/ Importance of having falling object protection. #12  
Gosh, that's horrible knotweed, really sorry to hear about that.

However that seems pretty random, being that he was just out mowing the lawn as normal. Could have just as well been sitting in a chair, playing with the kids/pets, etc. Scary stuff though.

On the other hand lots of us are out in the woods intentionally using our CUTs to push dead-fall and brush around. There's plenty of vines in my woods, and tons of dead ash trees. I have to really be smart and never feel too "comfortable". And always wear my hard hat!

/ Importance of having falling object protection. #13  
My brother died 2 years ago in East Texas mowing his front yard. A 3' diameter limb up about 25 feet broke off just when he was passing under riding a zero turn and it broke his neck.
Sure miss him.
Sincerely sorry about your Brother.

/ Importance of having falling object protection. #14  
Sincerely sorry about your Brother.

We fished together for the last 7 years and were looking forward to my retirement in 2015 so we could fish even more.
Thanks for the thoughts.

/ Importance of having falling object protection. #15  
More then one way to skin a cat.
Good Luck !

Limb Lopper.jpgBroken Branch.jpg

/ Importance of having falling object protection.
More then one way to skin a cat.
Good Luck !

View attachment 306351View attachment 306352
Been there, done both. I even took a pallet and attached some legs to it so it is about even with the top of the cab on my RTV900 and stand on that and let my brother in law drive me under the limbs so I can use the pole saw and cut them as high as we can. I also have used the FEL and back hoe to reach up and knock off limbs, more than one of which pulled down more dead limbs that fell on the FOPS of the tractor. I would not feel safe at all in the woods without some kind of falling object protector. Vines in trees can pull dead limbs from several feet away so a ground man has to be on his toes if he is any where close and get back a safe distance. A hard hat will help but may not be enough for some of the larger stuff.

/ Importance of having falling object protection.
We fished together for the last 7 years and were looking forward to my retirement in 2015 so we could fish even more.
Thanks for the thoughts.
Sorry to hear of your brother. That is about as bad of luck as one can have what with being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It is certainly bad when a bone head move causes a death but that act of God must have been about the worst thing possible.