Important Medical News!!!

/ Important Medical News!!! #11  
Top reasons beer is good for you....(from on the web). The last one means I don't have to wear the tinfoil hat any longer.

Sometimes even referred to as "liquid bread", beer is one of the oldest and one of most popular alcoholic beverages in the world. Brewer's yeast, one of the beer's main components, is known to be a rich source of nutrients and this means that beer may have some health benefits. Does this mean beer is a healthy drink? Let's look at the pros and cons of beer drinking and decide after.

Pros of Drinking Beer:
Source of vitamins, minerals and flavonoids. Beer is rich in many vitamins of the B group and in such minerals as magnesium. Barley and hops used in the production of beer are rich in flavonoids, which have powerful antioxidant effects.

Don't just believe us:
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) has completed an extensive review of current scientific knowledge about the health effects of moderate alcohol consumption. It found that the lowest death rate from all causes occurs at the level of one to two drinks per day. That is, moderate drinkers have the greatest longevity. - source
Aid against Coronary heart disease (CHD). There is a quite strong evidence that light-to-moderate alcohol consumption has cardio-protective properties. Many research studies demonstrate a lower coronary heart disease incidence among moderate beer drinkers. These moderate drinkers are at lower risk of CHD-related mortality than both heavy drinkers and abstainers. The vitamin B6 in beer also seems to prevent the alcohol-induced rise in blood homocysteine, a probable heart disease risk factor.

Cholesterol. Moderate alcohol intake affects many processes in the body, one of which is the significant increase in HDL cholesterol - the good cholesterol. There is supporting evidence for beer's cardio-protective effect and for its help in altering the ratio of beneficial HDL cholesterol to the LDL cholesterol.

Kidney stones. Beer consumption may reduce the risk of developing kidney stones. Finnish researches found that there was a 40% lower risk of kidney stones in beer drinkers.

X-Rays radioprotection. Japan researchers found that beer helps reduce chromosomal damage from radiation exposure.

/ Important Medical News!!! #12  
Shoot, the only beer I can stand anymore is the Mic ultralight, dont even know if it "qualify s" as beer!:laughing:

/ Important Medical News!!! #13  
Western said:
Shoot, the only beer I can stand anymore is the Mic ultralight, dont even know if it "qualify s" as beer!:laughing:

That is a nice beer for hot afternoons during hay season! We've been known to drink it by the case.

/ Important Medical News!!!

It does if you're a girly guy...but since I doubt you are, I reckon you're a teetotaler who just ain't stopped drinkin' yet.

/ Important Medical News!!! #16  
Roy, What is your brew of choice? It seems we have several things in common and I wonder if you're my long lost drunk Uncle that nobody mentions around Grandma because it makes her too upset.

Roy, What is your brew of choice? It seems we have several things in common and I wonder if you're my long lost drunk Uncle that nobody mentions around Grandma because it makes her too upset.

I'm drinking Yuengling Lager or Black and Tan now. Good beer with lots of body.
After 5 or 6 of these, I'm everybody's drunk uncle...

/ Important Medical News!!! #19  
Also in the news......Scientists confirmed that beer contains small traces of female hormones. To prove their theory.....they fed 100 men, 12 pints of beer and observed that 100% gained weight, talked excessively without making any sense, became emotional and couldn't drive. No further testing is planned!

/ Important Medical News!!! #20  
I'm drinking Yuengling Lager or Black and Tan now. Good beer with lots of body.
After 5 or 6 of these, I'm everybody's drunk uncle...

That is some good stuff. I absolutely love New Castle Brown Ale, but usually drink Coors Banquet, due to cost.