Impressed with DK55

/ Impressed with DK55 #1  

EquipmentJunkie

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4052R
I was in Louisville at the National Farm Machinery Show on Saturday. Had a chance to see a DK55 with cab for the first time in person. IMPRESSIVE!
Can anybody give me a little feedback on either the DK55 or DK65? Are you happy with it? Any problems?

/ Impressed with DK55 #2  
I am a KIOTI dealer in northeast Pa. come on up and take the DK55C for a spin!!!! We are here 7 days a week!! Then you can give your opinion /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Impressed with DK55 #3  
I have a couple of hundred hours on mine. No cab. I have used it all winter for logging and snow removal . I have a Norse winch on it now with a Curtis snow plow and it is awesome. I just do not like the 1595 loader and am ptiently waitng for a newer model loader to show up soon.

/ Impressed with DK55 #4  
I've only sold 3 -55's and 2 -65's this year.. none of them had cab and air. The only problem with one of the 65's is that everyone wants to borrow his machine. He(the owner) is learning how to handle that part.
There is a dealer in East Texas who sells the heck out of the DK55 cab and air. Every time I go to the warehouse, there he is with2 more machines on his trailer. He just tells me that he can't seam to keep them on his lot.
Its a good machine.

/ Impressed with DK55 #5  
Try it you'll like it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Impressed with DK55 #6  
Hello,
I recently purchased a new DK55C with KL1595 loader and I currently have about 22 hours of seat time doing loader work.

Here are my observations so far, the first issue being the ac/heat system is not integrated together, there is a seperate fan for the heater that only has only two outlets for heat in the ceiling of the cab, there is not enough air flow in the cab to keep all the windows from fogging. You can also run the a/c system at the same time which has three additional outlets in the ceiling to help with circulation of air, but then you have alot of cold air moving around. I think the solution would be to intergrate both the a/c and heat into one system so that you could operate the a/c compressor to dehumidify the air and heat at the same time with one blower (just like your car) to increase circulation and reduce fogging.

The second issue would be the lack of suspension under the seat and no arm rests.

Third, The loader does not have enough rollback angle to the bucket to get a good full load of material and bucket rollback strength is not that great as previously mentioned.

Other than the above mentioned, so far I think that it is a Great tractor for the money with lots of standard options that are wonderful and has Very nice fit and finish. I would say now the only question I have is longevity and I guess time will answer that question. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PLP