Impressive Machine

/ Impressive Machine #1  

Kubotasrking

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TC45D
I've spent the last two days (and first 2 w/ the new TC45D) beginning the cleanup from a severe windstorm that occurred in December. The storm wiped out >100 20-25 year old Douglas Fir trees, 3 fences, and made just a general mess of our place.

I've limbed, bucked, and decked 35% of the trees. Additionally, the tractor successfully removed every stump I attempted (of course, they were blow-downs..so the job was 90% done)...the machine is pretty darn impressive.

While cleaning up 35 trees doesn't sound terribly difficult, these were strewn across the property much like a spilled box of matches in the junk drawer....supersteer has been a blessing!

Thanks to each of you for the advice, thanks to Mr. Stihl for making my saw, and I'm glad I'm a new member of club blue. I think I'll keep the handle though...it reflects my personality...conflicted.:D

/ Impressive Machine #2  
Congrats on a good job now wheres the pictures :D

/ Impressive Machine #3  
Great machine, now, we need some pics!
Bob

/ Impressive Machine #4  
Orange is a great color..... but there sure is alot of blue out there. Congrats on the new machine. NH makes some nice toys. Were patiently waiting for pictures of the before and after. We have even experienced some 60 plus mph winds the past couple years in Wi. which isn't typical for this area. My woods has quite a few blow overs and now I'm considering a good six inch chipper. Mark me tired of brush burning !

/ Impressive Machine #5  
I had some logging done about 6 years ago. The horse teams took over 80 trees off my 7.5 acres and left me the tops. Most of the falls were non-directed, so things were pretty much a jumble. I got a new Stihl, used it in conjunction with my little Kubota B7100 gear, and had most of it cleaned up and made into firewood in about a month and a half. There were a few sawlog size pieces the horse teams missed in the jumble, and the little 'bota dragged them out and up the hill 'til I could haul them to the local Amishman for sawing. It's a whole lot like work, but very satisfying when you're done. Take pictures so you can appreciate what you've accomplished when you look at them in a couple of years.

I'm not at all sure the DX29 hst would have pulled as hard as that little Kubota, but then again, it weighs about 4 times as much (with weights on the wheels and hitch) with only about twice the power.

/ Impressive Machine #6  
worthless0pz.gif

turning it all into fire wood or are you saving the logs to be sawn?

/ Impressive Machine
schmism said:
worthless0pz.gif

turning it all into fire wood or are you saving the logs to be sawn?

Firewood. I'm going to have somewhere around 20 cord in the next couple of weeks....

I'll post pics as soon as I get home before dark (didn't take any before photos...but have plenty of shots left to show the wreckage).

/ Impressive Machine #8  
Bob...congrats again on choosing Blue. I am thrilled you are happy with it. :)
Run it hard and get your money's worth, she can take it.

As always, I'm here if you have any operating, pricing, or option questions.

Best Regards,
Larry

PS. Cant wait for the pics! :D

/ Impressive Machine #9  
One thing good about this site ... we respect all colors.

When I began my search for a new tractor I was sold on green - but I kept my options open. I looked at green, red, orange and blue and finally settle on my big blue (a TC40DA - love it).

The interesting thing about my search was that I found they all were good machines, no one machine stood out above the others when it came to power, reliability,, etc. etc. I made my final decision based on ergonomics. Who woulda thought :rolleyes: It came down to which machine fit my fat butt!!!

But - its a tractor and that's what counts. As they say, life's simple pleasures make life good. And my simple pleasure is driving around on my tractor. Life is always good when I'm in the driver's seat. :)

KEG

/ Impressive Machine
Larry_NFES said:
Bob...congrats again on choosing Blue. I am thrilled you are happy with it. :)
Run it hard and get your money's worth, she can take it.

As always, I'm here if you have any operating, pricing, or option questions.

Best Regards,
Larry

PS. Cant wait for the pics! :D

Thanks. I've enjoyed my 8 Blue hours, and hope for more this Sunday!