Rear Finish Mower Impulse buy on a finish mower

/ Impulse buy on a finish mower #11  
I think that was a great deal.

/ Impulse buy on a finish mower
Scalping so far didn't look too severe even with the larger deck. Someone asked earlier and I noticed the only scalp I had was when one of the wheels dropped in a hole and it was right over a little knoll. The wheels are offset front to back and this one has the optional front roller which seems to help. My yard is not smooth at all so I was pretty happy with the cut and ability to not tear things up with ruts and holes. I wouldn't want it any wider without more flexibility though.

/ Impulse buy on a finish mower #13  
OP, you have good impulse buying skilz! To add to what everyone else already said, you knocked a homerun with that purchase. Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll get many good hours of use with that mower.

/ Impulse buy on a finish mower #14  
Nice! :thumbsup: I picked up a Bush Hog brand 5' finishing mower last year for $900. The guy had barely used it a few times and kept it stored in a barn out of the weather. I love the way it cuts the front fields and yard at my place.

Here it is behind the old 8N. It cost quite a bit when it was new. I read around $2000. Made my day when I picked it up. Gotta move fast when something right shows up on craigslist.