Tractor News Imt 577

/ Imt 577 #1  

Blkendrick

Tractor
Case 990
I seen an imt 577DV deluxe for sale and was wondering where I could find the serial # and how to run it to check if it is stolen it is a real nice tractor

/ Imt 577
Also looking for serial # to find out what year the tractor is it is located in western ky and has been sitting out next to the rd for awhile but now they have a for sale sign on it. Are IMT tractors dependable

/ Imt 577 #3  
All of the IMTs I've seen were the Massey Ferguson licensed machines and looking at pics of the 577, it appears to be one too. MF did this with the SAME tractors made in Italy too. I would think that since they are licensed MF copies that from a design perspective they are decent tractors. Since they are produced in Serbia/Yugoslavia, I would wonder about finished quality.....kind of like the Belarus tractors. Built like a tank but not terribly dependable. It appears the IMTs used Perkins clone engines and their website explains more about that. IMT - Industrija ma?ina i traktora a.d, Beograd

There is a not a lot of info online about them but you might contact these guys and pick their brains since they claim to be the only authorized parts dealer in N. and S. America, they have to know the particular weaknesses of various models......whether or not they are "full disclosure", who knows but if it were my money I'd give it a shot. IMT Tractor Parts in the US

/ Imt 577 #4  
Its more of a URSUS or something like that.
Some MF dealers sold them and some of them looked alike but if you look closely not a MF. The only real problems I have heard of involved the rear brakes, thats from one neighbor that bougth one cheap, and was trying to get MF dealers to get the parts.