In need of implement advice for 10 acres.

/ In need of implement advice for 10 acres. #31  
I absolutely don't dispute the usefulness of a grapple for reclaiming land, however give the OP's budget I think a set of forks for the loader would work for now. I would bet that he doesn't have any extra hyd remotes, which will also add to the cost.

A set of forks can be used for carrying logs, brush, stumps, rocks, etc. Also great around the farm and construction site for many jobs. For handling brush I have an extra set of tines I put on mine so it has 4 'forks' instead of two. Makes it easier to pick up finer piles of brush. Nothing like a grapple, but it also only cost $500.

Some very good points! Also, as much as I'd love to see another grapple owner:D, another good thing about the forks with this particular setup, is they are a lot lighter than any grapple, which of course would enable larger logs to be picked up.

Hydraulics can get expensive that's for sure! However, there is a reason for it, it's amazing how helpful they are. :thumbsup:

/ In need of implement advice for 10 acres. #32  
Well here is the final on what has ben decided on. Tiller: RTR 1260 Landpride. RCR 1860 Rotary Cutter Landpride. The other addition will possibly be a Box blade at the same time to level this property better. Ive decided to spend time preparing the property over the next few seasons before I invest in a high dollar finish mower that would not help reclaim the property. I have plenty of time just not enough money for equipment that doesn't work as needed or that I have not reached that phase in progress to properly utilize. Now I will try out a Flail that anyone has and believes in any time. After pricing them I could get a finnish mower and a brush hog with money still in my pocket for the price of a flail. I like all in one equipment but I'm going to stick with the tried and true designed for specific job equipment. Thank you for all the experience that you all lent to me. I'm sure I'll be back. :D

Sounds like a solid plan. Those 2 pieces of equipment will let you do your garden and expand your amount of cleared land. I got my finnishing mower and my box blade used and saved a lot of money. However, it takes a while to find a good bargain so by the time you really need the finishing mower you will probably have stumbled on one
Good luck