In the process of buying a new 4710

/ In the process of buying a new 4710 #11  
<font color="blue">Is three SCV's enough? I'm getting conflicting data from different dealers. </font>

See attached pic of my TnT on my JD 4710. I have 5 total SCVs.....three for front end operations.....2 for rear. You need three up front to operate a 4in1 bucket...specifically, they will control your lift, curl/dump, and clamshell opening functions. The 2 in the rear will operate your top and tilt functions respectfully.

<font color="blue"> Specifically, one says I need to have a fausse valve in order to use the tnt. </font>

Not so. The Fausse valve is just a button that's installed on the top knob of the FEL joystick. Pressing it allows you to divert hydraulic functions from front to rear to operate TnT without having to move your hand from the joystick. You don't need it, unless if you want to spend an extra $700-800 for having this convenience. This is what my dealer was quoting me. Instead, just go with the regular diverter lever that's installed in front of the FEL joystick, which is a standard JD dealer install protocol.

...Bob

Attachments

• 308847-topandtiltkit.jpg
    308847-topandtiltkit.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 132
   / In the process of buying a new 4710
Thanks Rancar.

I've decided to go with the JD Elec. Diverter kit and the TNT.

If you don't mind me asking, have you been happy with your 4710. I went to order mine on Monday night and the dealer threw me a curve by tempting me with the new TLB 110. Looks like a great machine. Money wise including all of the attachments I'm going to order it is pretty close to a wash.

Any experience with the TLB110 vs the 4710?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

Rockfj

/ In the process of buying a new 4710 #13  
<font color="blue">"...If you don't mind me asking, have you been happy with your 4710...Any experience with the TLB110 vs the 4710?..." </font>

I'm very happy with the 4710. It's one of the largest compact tractors one can buy and performs a host of utility functions that most ag tractors do but costing several thousand less. It also comes with numerous options (eg, eHydro) that one can't get with the 5000 series tractors. The 48HP engine is a little dynamo that keeps on kicking under heavy work loads and difficult terrain conditions. I've had a few minor warranty items (ie, bad battery, tilt steering column sleeve, FEL hyme joint) that needed to be addressed but the dealer quickily fixed these problems at no cost to me. I believe these warranty items could have occurred on any tractor.

Don't have any experience with the 110TLB. I've seen them on dealer lots. They look like a lot of TLB packed into a small frame. Personally, I'd go with the 4710. I think it's a more versatile unit and as you mentioned in the other thread it'll be easier to get in your garage.

...Bob

/ In the process of buying a new 4710
Thanks very much for the feedback.

I decided on the 4710 and ordered it yesterday. Should be here in a few weeks.

I'm sure I'll love it, they both seem to be great tractors. The 110 looks to be a work horse, however, I think in the long run I'll be happier with the 4710 given my tree farm plans.

Thanks again,

Rockfj