in the snow???

/ in the snow??? #1  

DaryleD

Silver Member
Tractor
BX 2660, NH Workmaster 55
I am wondering if anyone has any information as to what rtv is best in the snow? Is it all in the tires, or are there better rtv's than others? I have taken my inlaws Mule ( the smaller engined one ), and it didn't do well up the logging road. It seemed to do alot worse than my four wheeler. The four wheeler has stock tires on it too ( honda rancher 350 4x4 ) . What rtv or tire would you buy for the snow? Thanks!
Daryle.

/ in the snow??? #2  
Do you mean UTV ? For snow I would go to the ranger. It has some of the best ground clearence which is a major factor and if you really want to get serious there are snow tracks. :D As for a tire I think the mudlites are supposed to be pretty good in the snow.

I haven't gotten a chance to take my HPX out in the snow yet but with my old 6x4 you would get stuck in fairly shallow snow because you would bottom out BUT at the same time you could go over 10 foot deep snow if it had that slight crust on it that you get after a few days have passed from a snow fall because it was so light on its tires it just skimmed across the snow. I predict the HPX to be better but to dig into the crusty stuff.

/ in the snow??? #3  
I plow my 2.5 mile driveway with my rhino and it does great even with 24"+ of snow. I t has really good clearance and isn't as wide as the Polaris. And and the best part is, well frankly it isn't a Polaris.
The key to the whole snow thing is ground clearance and tire selection. I would go with an aftermarket tire for sure. ITP's Mudlites, 589's or Bighorns or something. ANything but the stockers.
Also, as i am sure you already know, There comes a point when the snow gets so deep that nothing really wants to go in it.

/ in the snow??? #4  
polaris with the tracks would be truely unstopable.plus the 700xp with the fuel injection would be the best for starting in very cold climates . thats gonna be my next utv 700 polaris with some 26'' or 27'' kenda executioners on it.