Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use?

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #11  
Personally I see no use for them. Common sense goes a long way with tractor operation. As someone else said if your tire dropped in a hole or something similar it's useless anyway. Just my opinion though.

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #13  
Thanks Jerry. Since I have no banks steep enough to worry about a roll over, I never considered getting a tilt meter. But I suppose one would be useful for maintaining my drive. Think I'll get one now.

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #14  
IMHO, I agree with the folks that are encouraging you to get one for it's tool value. Most people have a tilt meter built into their gut that will go off long before your brain will register a problem on an instrument./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I also agree that after you learn your property, unless you go somewhere else, you may never need it for roll over prevention again. Plus, as you point out, you will never know the precise angle that will cause you to go over under all conditions. If you become dependent on the instrument, it could lead you astray under varying load conditions. In the mean time if you find yourself holding on to the uphill side of the seat, start worrying./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #15  
Pete, if Chris doesn't want it, please let me know. I think it'd be handy for me to use on some 'first time' areas I need to cover. Maybe after that I'll recycle it, too. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #16  
tiltmeter is not a waste of money, but after a few hours of seat time u will know what feels safe and wht does not. experience is the best teacher.

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #17  
I agree Frank....I have a tiltometer,just to measure the grades on my place to satisfy my own curiosity.Steepest road I have found is 26 %.

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #18  
SOLD! I sent you a private message...

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #19  
OK, Chris... When you get done learning your land, send that thing my way. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Maybe we can set some sort of record for 'Most TBN'ers to own the same piece of equipment.'

/ Inclinometer/Tiltmeter of any REAL use? #20  
Gary,

You got a deal. I'll let you know when I am ready to pass it on and we'll see how many rounds it makes amongst us forum members.

I have a few highline hillsides and one ditch that I want to check out because I have a feeling my pucker factor kicks in before 15 degrees. My tractor is still new to me and it doesn't take much of an incline to make me nervous. I want to find out just how steep the slopes are that I run my tractor over on a regular basis so that I can either (a) determine that they are safe and gain a little more confidence or (b) know that I have been cautious for a good reason.