Increased traffic on country road.

/ Increased traffic on country road. #61  
Gotcha. I had envisioned something upright.

That's a battle I'm about to have again, as I am about to have a gravel road graded. the culvert is set well below the road surface; yet every year he takes a little bit off the top, and a little bit more off the top... after a few years he's grading the top of the culvert off. He's an experienced operator, it seems like he should know what he's doing.
Yeah, I didn't know what a tinhorn was either. Regional term maybe?

Could the culvert pipe itself be working its way upward every year with frost? Seen that happen a lot when they are only a couple feet down to begin with.

/ Increased traffic on country road. #62  
Guess we all learn something new everyday. Have never heard them called anything else besides tin horns. Must be a Southern thing lol.

/ Increased traffic on country road. #63  
County guys down here think everything between the fences is theirs even though the right of way is about half of that. Next time fences are replaced they are goin' to the right of way. We had pulled the fences back from it years ago, because county wanted to work on drainage but the people there have changed since then.
We have the same issue, I'll be fencing the road frontage in the next couple of years (as $$$ are available) and will right up on the road. Seems to be the only way to get the county crew to NOT cut or doze everything. I want a brush/tree line to catch the dust and limit views from the road.

/ Increased traffic on country road. #64  
Yeah, I didn't know what a tinhorn was either. Regional term maybe?

Could the culvert pipe itself be working its way upward every year with frost? Seen that happen a lot when they are only a couple feet down to begin with.
More like drive over the ends in the ditch.

/ Increased traffic on country road. #65  
Good way to go to jail or at least get sued for causing injury or death.
Yah. do it at night, wear leather gloves, don't tell anyone, don't cut yourself, or leave scraps of clothing or anything behind, and don't forget to act surprised when you see it. No smirking when the tourists end up in the ditch~!!

Eagle says leave the cell phone home. Don't want 'em triangulating you. Maybe leave the thing a few miles away and have your spouse make a call using it.

Last edited:
   / Increased traffic on country road. #66  
Yah. do it at night, wear leather gloves, don't tell anyone, don't cut yourself, or leave scraps of clothing or anything behind, and don't forget to act surprised when you see it. No smirking when the tourists end up in the ditch~!!
Yep, dang county guys must be at it again lol.

/ Increased traffic on country road. #67  
Leave cell phone at home or somewhere far away. Watching cops shows, it seems all crimes solved are due to cell phone location data. I don't own a cell phone so google may know my internet movements but not my physical movements.

/ Increased traffic on country road. #68  
Leave cell phone at home or somewhere far away. Watching cops shows, it seems all crimes solved are due to cell phone location data. I don't own a cell phone so google may know my internet movements but not my physical movements.
I don't worry much about getting caught in a crime. ;)

/ Increased traffic on country road. #69  
I make sure my phone keeps a record of everywhere I go, just incase my doppelganger comes to town and does some bad stuff.

/ Increased traffic on country road. #70  
Pitch large rocks into the road by large I mean 8 - 10 inches diameter. Pitch 'em all over the place in a random pattern. The locals will drive around 'em the tourists will be horrified and turn around.
Could just lay 6" saplings across the road in several places.
I am so glad I do not live near you.