Increasing bucket curl (rollback angle)

/ Increasing bucket curl (rollback angle)
Thats what i was thinking thanks for the picture. what term do i search for?

/ Increasing bucket curl (rollback angle) #12  
Thats what i was thinking thanks for the picture. what term do i search for?

I went to google images and searched for "loader bucket linkage drawing".

There was a thread on here not too long ago about that linkage.

It is bedtime here, will try to find it tomorrow.

thx xfaxman.

/ Increasing bucket curl (rollback angle) #14  
All Power-Tracs have that type system.

The forth link on mine also has extra holes for different dump/rollback angles.

Attachments

• !10cuftbucket.jpg
    !10cuftbucket.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 331
   / Increasing bucket curl (rollback angle) #16  
You can move the pivots all you want, but the cylinder length is the same, and if you keep the same distance between the top and lower pin, you will still have the same degrees of range. What you gain in rollback angle, you will loose in dump angle, so just be aware of that.

If you move the pivots at the bucket closer together, you will get more range but loose some force, and will need to watch for clearance issues between the rod and the loader arm.

Also, most loaders have a mechanical stop, that prevents the bucket from dumping too far. Basically keeps the curl cylinder from bottoming out. If you change things, be sure to modify that stop, otherwise you can bust the front of the cylinder appart if you dump all the way and try to push something.

As to the welding on the rear axle, please elaborate? What and where on the rear axle. IT is likely cast, so not the easiest to weld on/to. And to to it right, the whole thing will need disassembled. Not only to preheat and prevent seals from being burned, but the oil inside will char and have burnt crispy's of oil floating around your hydraulics...not good.

/ Increasing bucket curl (rollback angle) #18  
The 4 link is a good idea if you can find the room for it. Either way you'll have to move those bottom pivot points back some.
Try retracting the cylinders all the way with the bottom pins out, then block the bucket up in the position you want to end up.
That will show you exactly where the bottom pin holes need to be and what interferences you might have.

Hey guys. Thanks for all the insight. Today we moved a bunch of dirt with that bottom pin-hole positioned 5-6 inches beyond the existing holes and gained just enough curl without losing the necessary dump pitch... met Mendonsy with that idea to a 't'. and it worked super good. for some reason- and the bucket was too new to know for sure but- the bucket floats when on the ground and the cylinder is extended beyond the ground plane. i like it. Thanks again. DB

/ Increasing bucket curl (rollback angle) #20  
Hey guys. Thanks for all the insight. Today we moved a bunch of dirt with that bottom pin-hole positioned 5-6 inches beyond the existing holes and gained just enough curl without losing the necessary dump pitch... met Mendonsy with that idea to a 't'. and it worked super good. for some reason- and the bucket was too new to know for sure but- the bucket floats when on the ground and the cylinder is extended beyond the ground plane. i like it. Thanks again. DB
Not sure what you mean by "the cylinder is extended beyond the ground plane".

Does your loader control valve have float for the arms?

Need pictures of the bucket modification. :thumbsup: