Increasing FEL Bucket Size for Light Materials

/ Increasing FEL Bucket Size for Light Materials #11  
Any pic's of your extension? The purpose you made yours , is exactly what I need one for.

/ Increasing FEL Bucket Size for Light Materials #12  
Love to post pics however my firewood extender is under about 4' of snow and ice 'about over there' LOL !

Were I to plan a new one from scratch, I'd still use 1/2 X 2" flats for sides inside the 2 lower corners of the bucket snuggly tucked in with a couple of spreaders, say 1 X 1 sq tubing but for the 'floor' I.d use expanded steel mesh .
For sides I'd have 2 'posts' vertically at both frt corners braced from top to approx the point where the extension meets the bucket cutting edge. The side 'frame' would be 2 more 'posts' vertically about where the side brace meets the cutting edge . Top side posts would be joind with more solid stock (same as posts). From the 2 rear posts I.d use 2 lengths of chain with hooks to attach to my bucket top 'flange' or as many guys have done , to bucket welded corner chain hooks.
The next consideration is that some sort of retainer is needed to keep the extender from slipping upwards in the bucket.
Here you need to devise and attach to the bottom of the flats some hooks (welded and bent under the cutting edge).

To note that at first I had simply used an old wood pallet with chains from the bucket corners to frt of the pallet and that concept evolved to the welded up basket or cage with added sides and improvments as time went on.

It is all from scraps and not used often hence why it is sitting out under the snow.
Lip hooks and chain hooks to the bucket evolved because I would loose the carrier basket whenever I dumped the loaded firewood. Now it does not fall out.

My whole set up is impressive because I also have a homemade (that one is painted and nice looking) 3 point aux powered log splitter mounted while carrying a load of firewood up front.
You can picture 4' of splitter in the rear and loaded 3' firewood basket up front driving over to the wood pile and dumping.
Hey, it works for me!