Increasing Width Rear Wheels

/ Increasing Width Rear Wheels #11  
Reversible wheels on some of the smaller Yanmars, was one of the minor differences between gray (Japan-market) Yanmars and their versions built for the US market.

A prior owner put oversize Kubota rear rims/tires on my YM240 (YM2000). The original Yanmar dished centers match to the Kubota rims.

(Just a note, I don't think Kubota centers have the same bolt spacing as Yanmar axle hubs).

This extra width improves safety on the slopes in my orchard. I also bought the ROPS as soon as Hoye offered them.

743358-img_5849r1-jpg.45318
p2-1060299rtillerrtside-jpg.100327
20190326_174107r-jpg.602941

/ Increasing Width Rear Wheels
Reversible wheels on some of the smaller Yanmars, was one of the minor differences between gray (Japan-market) Yanmars and their versions built for the US market.

A prior owner put oversize Kubota rear rims/tires on my YM240 (YM2000). The original Yanmar dished centers match to the Kubota rims.

(Just a note, I don't think Kubota centers have the same bolt spacing as Yanmar axle hubs).

This extra width improves safety on the slopes in my orchard. I also bought the ROPS as soon as Hoye offered them.

743358-img_5849r1-jpg.45318
p2-1060299rtillerrtside-jpg.100327
20190326_174107r-jpg.602941
Yeah my slopes are a ***** here too, been trying to flail all the perimeter brush for fire safety and it can be a bit unnerving on that terrain. Like the use of the hoist for the wheel removal so I'll break mine out.

/ Increasing Width Rear Wheels #14  
Will the Hoye 4" wheel extenders/spacers fit this tractor. They helped my side to side stability. the attached picture was for a different response but it is also appropriate here.

Attachments

• 09F0F49B-C68E-49BE-AD3F-7C68DC12FC70.jpeg
    09F0F49B-C68E-49BE-AD3F-7C68DC12FC70.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 60
   / Increasing Width Rear Wheels
Will the Hoye 4" wheel extenders/spacers fit this tractor. They helped my side to side stability. the attached picture was for a different response but it is also appropriate here.
Hoye has them listed as unavailable at this time but I intend to investigate further.

/ Increasing Width Rear Wheels #16  
Hoye has them listed as unavailable at this time but I intend to investigate further.

All you need is a hand-held Bolt Pattern Wheel Template like here:
Trailer Parts Superstore - Bolt Circle Template

I got a FREE Dexter Axle template at an RV trade show a few years back. Simple tool, gives the correct answer every time. Placing it on the lugs or over the bolts scores the pattern every time.

Next, type in a search engine, wheel spacer. See the mountain of hits galore. Off-road, tractors, GMC, Ford, RAM, Tundra, etc, would work for you. HOWEVER, depending on the tractor model, do not exceed 2-inches each side for small SCUTs and no more than 4-inches for CUTs under 35Hp.

The real question should be, what bolts to use, bolt grade and threads per inch. Then a Loctite that will keep things together, but still allow you to take the bolts off when needed.

Last edited:
   / Increasing Width Rear Wheels #17  

Notice the Items For Sale thread has these . . .

With an axle template, you could determine if these would fit your machine. ;)