Indexing a JD3720 hydraulic line to the steering ram

/ Indexing a JD3720 hydraulic line to the steering ram #1  

Dan Hunter

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 3720 eHydro
I'm using my tractor with a shear and grapple to clear red cedar. It's going fine but I'm very concerned about the viability of a hydraulic line to the steering ram. It hangs quite low and I'm concerned it could hang up and snap the fitting. I'm unfamiliar with the fittings. Is there something I can loosen and re-index the hose in a fashion that keeps it above the cylinder and protected or do I have to remove the fitting and shim it. It's the fitting somewhat hidden by a hose that's not bothering me that much. I already have a nick in the line.

hoses.jpg

/ Indexing a JD3720 hydraulic line to the steering ram #2  
You sure can, loosen the nut on the fitting, turn the fitting and tighten the nut back down and your all set to go

/ Indexing a JD3720 hydraulic line to the steering ram
Thanks. I'm on it.

Edit: fixed. Took a minute including finding a wrench. I can't believe the dealership sent it out that way.

fixed.jpg

It was the first time I've crawled under the tractor. It's impressive how stout everything is, though there's a place with a square pattern of threaded holes that I might use to attach an aluminum skid plate to protect some of the ducting on the port side and the hydraulics on the starboard side.

Last edited: