Industrial or Ag tires. Smoothest?

/ Industrial or Ag tires. Smoothest? #1  

Kasamoto

Tractor
Kubota L6060 HSTC
I love my Kubota but those ag tires seem really hard riding and slow my speed across the field. My previous tractor had ag tires and seemed to ride across the field much smoother. Have you had the same experience? Has anyone switched tires on the same tractor and noticed a big difference? I wonder if there is a market for good used industrial tires?

/ Industrial or Ag tires. Smoothest? #2  
Check your air pressure.Change to industrials involves new rims also,pretty expensive.Poor performace in snow and mud also.

/ Industrial or Ag tires. Smoothest? #3  
Kind of a confusing post from the original,
can't tell if he has R4's or R1's.
For some reason the manufactures do use different rims for R1 and R4 tires.
However often either style is available in the same sizes;
or the same height that will fit those rims.
I wouldn't be surprised if it is an inflation issue.

/ Industrial or Ag tires. Smoothest? #4  
If your tires are NOT fluid filled, consider lowering the pressure to around 12 psi. If radials, you could go as low as 8 psi. But things to consider are: if front wheel assist, lower all tire pressures, if loader equipped and carrying bales etc, can you lower pressure and risk popping a bead.

/ Industrial or Ag tires. Smoothest? #5  
My Ag tires are deflated below manufacturers recommendation to increase ride quality, except on my loader tractor, where they are slightly higher than recommended for carrying heavy loads.

/ Industrial or Ag tires. Smoothest? #6  
My tractors with loaders the front tires are at the max on the sidewall, the rears vary from 12-25 usually around 14-15 PSI. Without a loader same in the rears and less then max in front all depending on how the tire and the tire tracks look. If the tire track is coned up in the center a bit more air, if dished down in the center less air.

/ Industrial or Ag tires. Smoothest?
If your tires are NOT fluid filled, consider lowering the pressure to around 12 psi. If radials, you could go as low as 8 psi. But things to consider are: if front wheel assist, lower all tire pressures, if loader equipped and carrying bales etc, can you lower pressure and risk popping a bead.
Thanks. I have lowered the pressure in the past and popped a bead. Real PITA!

/ Industrial or Ag tires. Smoothest? #9  
Gotta do things in moderation!

Back to the OP’s original question.
No, I do not believe industrial tires ride better for 2 reasons
1. they usually have a stiffer sidewall
2. They usually have a lower profile sidewall

Both of those factors increase ride stiffness from the tire.

/ Industrial or Ag tires. Smoothest? #10  
R4 bias ply tires have very stiff sidewalls see the below link for reference.