Tires Industrial tires vs ag tires water in tires

/ Industrial tires vs ag tires water in tires #11  
Like Pete, I think that the R-4 look better and they are heavier. But, I could not do without the added traction of the R-1s. I also carry heavy loads almost daily with my R-1s and have no problem as long as they have the proper inflation. Briars and such have never been a problem for me, just bones once in while from my compost.

/ Industrial tires vs ag tires water in tires #12  
i got a m4800 two weeks ago.the dealer got it from another dealer after we had made the deal. turned out it had r4s on it. he asked me if i wanted him to trade them for r1s.
i decided to keep them because of mesquite thorns.the sat i got it it had rained 3 inchs and it rained 1.5 the first day.it was a sloopy mess . it worked fine didnt slip much at all.but the front tires on it are large , dont know if that matters much. but so far i am satisfied, also i didnt have the tires loaded. not sure on that yet.

/ Industrial tires vs ag tires water in tires #13  
Funny. Last year I had to wait for them to build my tractor because the one available came with Industrial tires and I wanted ags. I think a lot of it is what it rolls out the door with when it's shipped. With Massey anyways I get the impression that they are reluctant to swap tires around if someone is getting one on a super deal like I did.
Around here in Northern NY its and mudville everybody I know who doesn't have a manicured lawn wants Ag. Too much slipping in the mud as well as winter on ice and snow. With the price of chains I didn't want to have to buy or deal with those anymore either. We do have pretty hard ground here with a lot of clay so the Ags don't do much damage in spite of the backhoe adding 1k lbs back there. The only time mine leaves anything more than a slight tread mark is if I turn very sharply and it's usually the fronts digging in. Because of that I simply try to avoid spinning the wheel especially when sitting still with a load of dirt in the bucket.
I don't use mine as a lawn mower though. That is reserved for my trusty 1950 Fergison TO-20. If I did intend on using it to mow primarily and I had one of those nice soft fluffy laws you see on TV ads I would definitely go with R-4's.