Inexpensive toothbar (do they exist)????

/ Inexpensive toothbar (do they exist)????
Shaley,
That is a really nice offer. I am going to PM you to talk about it.

/ Inexpensive toothbar (do they exist)???? #12  
I just got a quote from Construction_parts on Ebay.
Hello
Each shank $8.83 teeth $4.89ea if you need pins $2.25ea Shipping in the USA only $15.00, if this works for you send me your E-mail and shipping info to send you a invoice that you can pay online.
5 Teeth with shipping = $94.80

/ Inexpensive toothbar (do they exist)???? #13  
48" Markham cost me $150, then $100 for shipping to CA.

I do some ground engagement work with my BX2200 and toothbar. It puts a real stress on the tractor. I have very hard adobe with morraine cemented into it. Even when I rototill first, it is a challenge digging with FEL and TB. I just don't know if a BX1500 would be very successful. In my own soil, I doubt it. You have less hp, less mass, smaller wheels. Perhaps in sandy loam that's already been plowed, you might fare better. I don't mean to rain on your parade, I'd just hate to see you spend the money and then be disappointed.

Tom,
I don't believe that my clay is as bad as that. If it get a little hard, I can hit it with the hose for a while and let it dry up a bit. As fo the BX1500, if you check out the specs, it is within 70lbs of the 2200. It has to beat using a railroad pick. Not to mention, I could use the toothbar for some other briar removal I would like to do.

I would like to extend my thanks to shaley for his very generous offer. It is rare these days to have a person offer to go out of his or her way to help a total stranger (not to mention one that is not local). I told my wife about his offer and she was shocked. This is a testimate to the type of person Steve is. I only hope that I am able to help Steve and others in the future.

Again Steve, thank you.:)

/ Inexpensive toothbar (do they exist)???? #16  
Thanks guys, glad I could help. That's what makes TBN so great.
A couple of other TBN members PM'ed and would like a tooth bar, so if there is any further interest I would like to build them all at one time. I thinkng next week would be good and I can ship at the end of the week. Price looks like $16.00 per tooth + some shipping and flat bar cost. PM if interested.